wow! this 4S in my hand is feeling pretty dated right now

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
after looking at the Galaxy S3 today. that device is Nice!

i'm not hating. just briefly jumped over the fence for a little bit

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I thought the same. Bought the S3 and after about 2 weeks I took it back. Just wasn't the same. Our house is so automated in Apple and it just didn't feel the same.

zeteo#IM

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have had an S3 for over a month. I loved the phone. I am too invested in the Apple ecosystem to switch, plus I do like the 3.5 inch screen. I am selling my S3 to my son. My iPhone 4S is reactivated. I will continue to be part of Apples fan base. Their support and quality has convinced me.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I still haven't got my hands on that s3 yet but man it looks nice! Still loving my 4s though.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
for those of you that used it how was the battery performance?

this could be one of the deciding factors whether i get it or not

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
They look very nice and there are some good features. But if you are apple born and bred, the change is hard to deal with. I've heard the battery can drain quick under hard usage. But guess that is the same for the iPhone.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I notice that there haven't been all these complaints about the battery life that you would typically see in unison when it comes to a device. The battery is pretty big. I think it's 2400 mah. I strongly considered a move to it in July and did a lot of reading up on it and battery life wasn't a major complaint.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I had been considering the S3 as well. I've been upgrade eligible since 11 Aug but didn't want to pull the trigger until I saw what Apple's next offering was going to be about. Plus, there's always my disdain for feeling tethered to a charger which, in my 5-6 Android device experiences, seems to be commonplace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I jumped and settled in. Im over the iphone and the ios. The S3 is amazing and I will never look back. I figured if the biggest upgrade we were gonna get was a slightly bigger screen then it was time to look elsewhere.
uruqatuq.jpg

Tap'n like a BOSS

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The Galaxy SIII is a beast of a phone. The size alone makes it a media delight. But I can't do Android anymore. I need something consistent with software and hardware performance.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

My son has the Galaxy S3 and is very happy with the batttery performance. He can get through a day with heavy usage. Movies, music, games, text, email... etc.

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Personally, if I had to falter from my Apple path, I would go HTC One X.

Drastically superior phone from the SGIII, in my opinion.

But, I guess I'm Apple bred, cause after playing with both phones, I still preferred every bit of my 4S over the alleged "superior" competition.

Again, that's just me, though.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(iPhone 4S, Tapatalk)

Terrigno

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I was a hardcore Android addict. I loved their phones still. But one I switched to Apple, the hardware really had me convinced. And I was anti-Apple at one point. I would never buy an Apple product. Once I did, it's the longest phone I've kept so far and still love it. Even though it lacks what all the Newest Androids do.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i read that Jelly Bean will be coming soon to the GS3 and this will allow Google Now to be used on the device - is this correct?

also, is there Twitter and Facebook integration as there is with iOS (iOS 6) or better?

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Do tell us more....

For starters, apps aren't consistent throughout Android. I remember getting a software update and then some of my most used apps wouldn't work anymore. I had to wait for the next update to the app which could take days, weeks, or months depending. Not all apps and games are compatible with every Android device either. As far as hardware, performance seems to be iffy depending upon the manufacturer. Motorola seemed to always have bad cameras, Samsung usually has reception issues, and HTC could have any number of hardware issues. I am also tired of having to search for alternatives for stock apps and functions. It just bothers me to buy a phone and because the stock keyboard is barely useable, I have to buy another one from the Google Play store to replace it. I can understand having choices and preferring other things, but when the first option that comes stock on the phone doesn't work out of the box, that's a problem. That's why I have gone back to the iPhone and iPad.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: SCdudeBro

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711