wow! this 4S in my hand is feeling pretty dated right now

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I went from the iPhone 4S to the galaxy s 3. I missed my iPhone so much. But now I'm back to iPhone. The iPhone is so smooth and everything just works. Apps are also better on the iPhone I noticed.

Some of the people I have spoken with around by me that have an android/droid device says the same thing in regards to the apps-that they run smoother on the iPhone. That, and the fact that I enjoy using my 4S as much as I do, I've come to the conclusion that I just can't make the switch...I too, would miss my iPhone too much as well:) I'm not saying that I wouldnt be open to trying it in the future maybe, but for now no. iOS works for me and my needs at this point in time.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Some of the people I have spoken with around by me that have an android/droid device says the same thing in regards to the apps-that they run smoother on the iPhone. That, and the fact that I enjoy using my 4S as much as I do, I've come to the conclusion that I just can't make the switch...I too, would miss my iPhone too much as well:) I'm not saying that I wouldnt be open to trying it in the future maybe, but for now no. iOS works for me and my needs at this point in time.

My personal observation is that more effort "seemed" to be put into iOS apps than in their Android counter parts. I don't have any proof to back that up, however.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
A couple of good things about Android are texting to a preselected group without having to choose each person individually, and second is the way that Android will reformat the text to fit the screen when I pinch-to-zoom. I cannot figure out why IOS doe not have these two features.

Stelv

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My personal observation is that more effort "seemed" to be put into iOS apps than in their Android counter parts. I don't have any proof to back that up, however.

This seems to be the case. I think it has a lot to do with it being harder to write apps for Android because of all the different versions of Android devices are on, different hardware, different screens res, etc. Fragmentation amongst others problems are the reason I left Android.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This seems to be the case. I think it has a lot to do with it being harder to write apps for Android because of all the different versions of Android devices are on, different hardware, different screens res, etc. Fragmentation amongst others problems are the reason I left Android.

That could very well be the reason, my friend. Excellent reply. Take care and have a great day...;)

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I actually traded my iPhone 4s for a galaxy nexus. And yes you can say it, I was nuts. Worst trade ever. :( I'm usually pretty good and don't regret trades. I wanted the Vanilla Android experience. OMG I should have listened to the 1000s of ppl saying the Nexus battery was horrible. Other than that I liked the Nexus. I eventually bought a Razr Maxx and luckily sold my Nexus. Now I'm sitting with a Razr Maxx that was the bomb.com the first few months but has since slowed down, gotten super choppy when switching apps and just opening the phone dialer takes over 4 secs. :( I'm now on the hunt for a iPhone 4s. Lesson learned.

MrszBerry

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I actually traded my iPhone 4s for a galaxy nexus. And yes you can say it, I was nuts. Worst trade ever. :( I'm usually pretty good and don't regret trades. I wanted the Vanilla Android experience. OMG I should have listened to the 1000s of ppl saying the Nexus battery was horrible. Other than that I liked the Nexus. I eventually bought a Razr Maxx and luckily sold my Nexus. Now I'm sitting with a Razr Maxx that was the bomb.com the first few months but has since slowed down, gotten super choppy when switching apps and just opening the phone dialer takes over 4 secs. :( I'm now on the hunt for a iPhone 4s. Lesson learned.

I know that feeling. :( Gs3 seems cheap next to the iPhone. I never thought I would say that lol

Stelv

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I just switched from a Galaxy Nexus to iPhone 4s. I couldn't take the lag, choppiness, battery, camera, build quality and longer on my Android (I have had a lot of Android devices). IMO Apple just builds better quality products in regard to software and hardware.

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from a Galaxy Nexus to iPhone 4s. I couldn't take the lag, choppiness, battery, camera, build quality and longer on my Android (I have had a lot of Android devices). IMO Apple just builds better quality products in regard to software and hardware.

I know exactly what you mean. Don't get my wrong I love Android and it's open source. I'm actually away on a work trip and I already have someone lined up to trade my RAZR MAXX for their iPhone 4s on Friday when I return. Man I hope they don't back out on me!

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh it is! I really enjoyed it the few months I had it. It started getting really slow like 4-5 secs just to launch the phone dialer lol. And other things but the battery on that thing was a BEAST!!

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh it is! I really enjoyed it the few months I had it. It started getting really slow like 4-5 secs just to launch the phone dialer lol. And other things but the battery on that thing was a BEAST!!

Sounds to me like you need to reset the phone. I have a Maxx with none of those problems. It is fast!

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I did factory reset :) before I rooted and once after. Another problem was well I like having new toys and I was tired of my maxx. I will say it was my 2nd fab phone I've owned :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bengalfan1

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I have been using my 4S for almost a year and it still is a great phone and I never have any problems with it like I had with my Android phone. Although I am still on 5.1.1 I like the consistant updates for IOS and that I can upgrade them as soon as they become available if I want to. With Android it was always a long time waiting to upgrade to a newer version. I agree too that it seems like the apps are just a little better on IOS.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure how Apple does it, but they simply make brilliant devices. And, to top it off developers go out of their way to make decent and good working apps for the iOS platform, too...

So, no matter what other device I carry around from time to time, I always seem to come back to iOS at some stage. Now, be aware that there are applications and settings that I'd like changed on iOS, but that rings that same on all three platforms (iOS, Android and BlackBerry OS')...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Well stated.

I have not run into a full app that does not get the task done. Stock OS app or 3rd party they are solid.

I will also agree that things can be better, always room for improvement....

Once any company makes a perfect OS or perfect device, it is that they will stop make phones and stop developement and close it's doors, as there will be nothing else to achieve. We will never be there in any platform.

Here is to the future!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure how Apple does it, but they simply make brilliant devices. And, to top it off developers go out of their way to make decent and good working apps for the iOS platform, too...

So, no matter what other device I carry around from time to time, I always seem to come back to iOS at some stage. Now, be aware that there are applications and settings that I'd like changed on iOS, but that rings that same on all three platforms (iOS, Android and BlackBerry OS')...

Well stated.

I have not run into a full app that does not get the task done. Stock OS app or 3rd party they are solid.

I will also agree that things can be better, always room for improvement....

Once any company makes a perfect OS or perfect device, it is that they will stop make phones and stop developement and close it's doors, as there will be nothing else to achieve. We will never be there in any platform.

Here is to the future!

:)well said boys !!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Been using the S3 and loving it. Just now, for no apparent reason, I wanted to reactivate my 5!

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711