wow! this 4S in my hand is feeling pretty dated right now

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I honestly believe when I get back to town that I'm activating my 4S again. My brother in law told me I'd be back. Lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Lol, and you've had what, a week to use the sgs3 if i rem correctly. See, now thats what i'd be afraid of having to deal with myself if i did make the platform change. I know what i have with my 4S. i know the software pretty well, although i still learn things here & there, and honestly - knowing how much i really like my 4S, idk if i'd give the sgs3 an honest chance...know what i mean? AND i do know i want the i5. LOL My hubby knows me pretty well too, so i think i'll take his advice and stay put with my 4S. Even though i know in another day or 2 i may be talking sgs3 again:p LOL

(i was also going to stop into Verizon tonight just to check out the sgs3 also, and decided not to instead)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Lol, and you've had what, a week to use the sgs3 if i rem correctly. See, now thats what i'd be afraid of having to deal with myself if i did make the platform change. I know what i have with my 4S. i know the software pretty well, although i still learn things here & there, and honestly - knowing how much i really like my 4S, idk if i'd give the sgs3 an honest chance...know what i mean? AND i do know i want the i5. LOL My hubby knows me pretty well too, so i think i'll take his advice and stay put with my 4S. Even though i know in another day or 2 i may be talking sgs3 again:p LOL

(i was also going to stop into Verizon tonight just to check out the sgs3 also, and decided not to instead)

The crazy thing is that I'm loving the GSIII. LOL

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

ok.....so. possibly a stupid/silly question for you here, or perhaps something for you to think on. You said your loving the sgs3, correct? So then why the previous comment that when your back in town, your prob switching back to your 4S.....i'm just curious what the deal breaker is for you NOT staying with the sgs3:)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Even though I went with the iPhone 5 as my device of choice this year, I still believe the GS3 is one heck of a phone and one that is hard not to pick up and like it.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
ok.....so. possibly a stupid/silly question for you here, or perhaps something for you to think on. You said your loving the sgs3, correct? So then why the previous comment that when your back in town, your prob switching back to your 4S.....i'm just curious what the deal breaker is for you NOT staying with the sgs3:)

The iOS ecosystem that I've become such a big part of.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Even though I went with the iPhone 5 as my device of choice this year, I still believe the GS3 is one heck of a phone and one that is hard not to pick up and like it.

That it's very true... Regardless of how long you've been an iOS guy if you pick up a Galaxy S III and don't like it then I believe you weren't gonna like it because it's not iOS.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I still have my galaxy s3. I'm not eligible for the upgrade to iPhone 5 for another 23 days but I'm still probably going to go with iPhone. I like the galaxy a lot but I just really like my iPhone. It just really feels like a better experience. The galaxy is a great phone though. I just think I like the iOS experience better even though it has not really evolve much. I think the iPhone 5 will be a big enough jump from the 4 to keep me happy for what I use my phone for daily. It is fun to tweak android but its not the most important thing to me.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Let me tell u something. I'm trying to trade my Galaxy S3 for iPhone 5. This phone slows down as soon as u add so apps to it. I have to have a app for the keyboard just to use it. I have to have A app for txt bc the standard app has so many bugs that it's almost impossible to use. Not to mention that there is a bug in clipboard that keeps u from copying and pasteing anything until the entire clipboard is deleted and u have to be rooted for that. I sold my broken 4s for this thing and I regret it. iOS is amazing when u you realize that the 4s is faster on 800mhz vs the s3 on 1.2ghz (or is it 1.5?) then it becomes clear that android has some server performance problems. I doubt they will be fixed given the way that there making out like PC's did about 4 years ago, faster and faster processors but the experience stays the same. And oddly enough the s3 is pretty limited in what it can do without driving you to just put it down and walk over to your computer or wait till you get home to do whatever it is that you got to do. This is my 4th year or 5th android phone I have personally owned and it's the buggiest of them all, with my favorite being the DROID and DROID X. Another thing is the screen is just to big. I have to extend my thumb so far from how I hold it that I think it is causing my hand to hurt. Not bad but a bit uncomfortable sometimes. The wifi reception isn't the best on this phone but it's not bad. LTE reception is good, never had a single issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Let me tell u something. I'm trying to trade my Galaxy S3 for iPhone 5. This phone slows down as soon as u add so apps to it. I have to have a app for the keyboard just to use it. I have to have A app for txt bc the standard app has so many bugs that it's almost impossible to use. Not to mention that there is a bug in clipboard that keeps u from copying and pasteing anything until the entire clipboard is deleted and u have to be rooted for that. I sold my broken 4s for this thing and I regret it. iOS is amazing when u you realize that the 4s is faster on 800mhz vs the s3 on 1.2ghz (or is it 1.5?) then it becomes clear that android has some server performance problems. I doubt they will be fixed given the way that there making out like PC's did about 4 years ago, faster and faster processors but the experience stays the same. And oddly enough the s3 is pretty limited in what it can do without driving you to just put it down and walk over to your computer or wait till you get home to do whatever it is that you got to do. This is my 4th year or 5th android phone I have personally owned and it's the buggiest of them all, with my favorite being the DROID and DROID X. Another thing is the screen is just to big. I have to extend my thumb so far from how I hold it that I think it is causing my hand to hurt. Not bad but a bit uncomfortable sometimes. The wifi reception isn't the best on this phone but it's not bad. LTE reception is good, never had a single issue.

I completely feel u on this. I own both an S3 and iPhone 5 (sold my 4S for the S3 too) and I regretted it so much I love iOS u don't know what u got till its gone. I had all the same issues as u do on the S3 the only reason I got it in first place was to root and flash ROM's and even that got old quick. Jellybean is cool but iOS kills it. I'm selling my S3 soon and using the money towards an iPad 4

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
For starters, apps aren't consistent throughout Android. I remember getting a software update and then some of my most used apps wouldn't work anymore. I had to wait for the next update to the app which could take days, weeks, or months depending. Not all apps and games are compatible with every Android device either. As far as hardware, performance seems to be iffy depending upon the manufacturer. Motorola seemed to always have bad cameras, Samsung usually has reception issues, and HTC could have any number of hardware issues. I am also tired of having to search for alternatives for stock apps and functions. It just bothers me to buy a phone and because the stock keyboard is barely useable, I have to buy another one from the Google Play store to replace it. I can understand having choices and preferring other things, but when the first option that comes stock on the phone doesn't work out of the box, that's a problem. That's why I have gone back to the iPhone and iPad.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

What was the last Android phone you had? These problems all appear to be gone with any newer device running ICS.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Wow. Sorry to hear you are having so many problems with the S3. I do not have any issues like you are. I do agree with the keyboard though. I had to get swiftkey. My S3 works great other than that. No issues with texting or wifi and I attach and open files all the time without issue. My reason for wanting to stay with iOS is mainly the apps. I have apps on iOS that I just like better and use way too often. The other issue is the size. I do love the big screen when sitting at home but out and about it is difficult to use the S3. I have an iPad for sitting at home. :). Selling the S3 now is a good choice. They are still selling for a good price on eBay and Craigslist. Good luck to you.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
My? No you guys is should I trade my S3 for a 4s 16gb? I'm assuming after the note 2 launch that the value of the s3 will drop. My plan is to trade s3 for the 4s. Then let my wife get the 5 and sale one of the 4s's that we'll have and the I buy the iPhone 5 straight out and have a backup 4s. If I decide to keep the s3 in fear that when the time comes to sale it I will get less the then the 4s. What do you guys think?

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
What was the last Android phone you had? These problems all appear to be gone with any newer device running ICS.

Yea all these problems still plague android! Why do they? Bc Google lacks control. They would actually have a decent product if they were like apple. They are better then they were but not the best, and that's what we need to have in this world. Last night I was playing with my wife's 4s on wifi. It loaded pages and programs faster and ran them better then the s3. Restarted the s3 and still nothing. The only think the s3 has going for it is the big screen (it not as enjoyable to use or look at I think), nfc is next to useless for me. Hey baby.. You wanna bump phones later?? Lame. One second thought ill just email u the video.... Lol. Oh and then there is LTE... Hmm iPhone 5 has it now...

Stelv

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I was a diehard Android fan. I have had 6 Android phones including the GSM Galaxy Nexus. I just recently switched to the iPhone 4S because I realized how much smoother and quicker it performed than all my Android devices, and that Android wasn't getting any better any times soon. There is inherent lag with the Android OS because everything operates on the mainthread (messing with user activities) and there are touch problems because it is still based in legacy non-touch code. iOS is limited when compared to Android no doubt, but Android is still buggy as hell, even if you have the best hardware and tweak the hell out of your phone. I feel like the people writing iOS know more about what they are doing in terms of performance than Android writers do. If go to Android, you will probably be dissatisfied with performance of your phone and play the "I need a phone with better hardware and updated software" every six months.

So based on my experience...

Android:
- Slowest OS out there
- Still has bugs
- GPU issues
- Scattered hardware/software across many different phones and devices
- Great customization, features, and open

iOS
- Built to perform well
- Smooth, clean, unified, fast
- One OS interface with a very functional set of features

MrszBerry

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

I went from the iPhone 4S to the galaxy s 3. I missed my iPhone so much. But now I'm back to iPhone. The iPhone is so smooth and everything just works. Apps are also better on the iPhone I noticed.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711