Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Global Posts
    10,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default wow! this 4S in my hand is feeling pretty dated right now

I'm a longtime Blackberry loyal user, went from the 9930 to 4S last November and haven't looked back. The 4S is a great device, solid all around. Love the simplicity of iOS and that everything just works. No more experimenting with different carrier OS's.
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by mistah_mumford View Post
    Just got off the phone with verizon and I'm back on my 5!
    Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,361 Global Posts

I find the SIII to have poor signal on Verizon. I love the hardware, but greatly prefer the LCD on the HTC 1X to the SIII screen.

In general, I find BB, Apple (only since the 4s lol) and Motorola have far superior signal strength. Samsung and HTC seem to put out inconsistent products in terms if signal, and that experience is only in Verizon for me. Maybe GSM is a different game.

I need my phone to be a good phone first and foremost. The 5 has rocked in this area for me.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,571 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by tack View Post
    I find the SIII to have poor signal on Verizon. I love the hardware, but greatly prefer the LCD on the HTC 1X to the SIII screen.

In general, I find BB, Apple (only since the 4s lol) and Motorola have far superior signal strength. Samsung and HTC seem to put out inconsistent products in terms if signal, and that experience is only in Verizon for me. Maybe GSM is a different game.

I need my phone to be a good phone first and foremost. The 5 has rocked in this area for me.
    I really had no issues with the signal strength. It was actually quite good.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts

I really had no issues with the signal strength. It was actually quite good.
    The 4s is as solid as it gets you can still you the 4s 3 years from now can you do that with any android device NO I've seen people still use the 1st gen iPhone now
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,571 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Jrome.brooks View Post
    The 4s is as solid as it gets you can still you the 4s 3 years from now can you do that with any android device NO I've seen people still use the 1st gen iPhone now
    3 years? It's hard to keep an Android for 1 year because the market is saturated with them.
    Thanked by:
    Jrome.brooks (02-25-2013)
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts

3 years? It's hard to keep an Android for 1 year because the market is saturated with them.
    True that's why I like how apple is running it one device a year with updates still running smooth
    Thanked by:
    mumfoau (02-25-2013)
    MrszBerry likes this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,571 Global Posts
    iOS Version

True that's why I like how apple is running it one device a year with updates still running smooth
    That was a thought I was having Saturday when contemplating reactivating my 5...the support I'd have from Apple over time. The GSIII is great but with the Note II out and now the GSIV, how long before root is your only option for software updates. I'm over the rooting scene and see no purpose the JB my iPhone.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts

That was a thought I was having Saturday when contemplating reactivating my 5...the support I'd have from Apple over time. The GSIII is great but with the Note II out and now the GSIV, how long before root is your only option for software updates. I'm over the rooting scene and see no purpose the JB my iPhone.
    Jailbreaking makes a world of a difference On your iPhone tho so many tweaks and apps to make it better its makes the iPhone worth it
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,571 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Jailbreaking makes a world of a difference On your iPhone tho so many tweaks and apps to make it better its makes the iPhone worth it
    I'm a simple man and typically don't long for the tweaks when I'm using my iPhone. Every now and again I wish there was a quick way to launch right into the battery usage/standby stats but I get over it. Lol
    Irish Rose likes this.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Default Re: wow! this 4S in my hand is feeling pretty dated right now

I just put my note 2 on ebay. I just don't use all of the features on the note. And I miss my iphone. Now that jailbreak is out I miss it even more. Lol I just hope that I don't regret going back to the iphone 5.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,434 Global Posts

I too jumped over from a blackberry 9930 to the 4 and now on the 4S. I'm not a fan of the oversized screens, although I secretly lust after them (love watching videos on my mobile device and there's something about the extra screen real estate that's pleasing to the eye)...I'm patienty waiting to see if the Z10 stacks up to my needs and then, MAYBE, I MIGHT make the switch. But until then, the 4S is a great handset for me. It does everything for me and then some! beauty and elegance in simplicity.
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneLvr View Post
    I just put my note 2 on ebay. I just don't use all of the features on the note. And I miss my iphone. Now that jailbreak is out I miss it even more. Lol I just hope that I don't regret going back to the iphone 5.
    I had the Note 2 as well. It is an awesome device but I certainly understand where you are coming from. I had to come back to iOS too. There were just a fe things that didn't work properly on Android that would drive me nuts. Had to go.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,571 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by kazmi View Post
    It does everything for me and then some! beauty and elegance in simplicity.
    Well put!

Quote Originally Posted by Fit24 View Post
    The Galaxy S3 is a very nice phone. But some of us just prefer the iPhone 4s.
    Looked at the S3 the day I picked up my 4s, the S3 looked nice, but the Iphone 4s just seemed more solid to me.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts

Hahaha

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts

Ip4 over a gs3 hahaha yeah right

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,052 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I have a free upgrade on my account for anything but an iPhone. I have to wait until September for that. I chose to get an iPhone off a friend. I still don't like android that much on my nexus tablet but its a good sturdy tablet.

I came from a blackberry and if any of you know me from crackberry you know I've been a blackberry fan for years.

Bb10 wasn't cutting it for me and my 9900 was dying. I figured iOS was my next option.

So in reply to the op the 4s doesn't feel dated to me.

In reply to the above posters. Gs3 is way better than a 4 but a 4s I feel is on par with a ga3. I could only imagine what a 5 would be like speed wise. I don't need one so I won't get one. I'm a practical kind if person.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

Global Posts
    10,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    I have a free upgrade on my account for anything but an iPhone. I have to wait until September for that. I chose to get an iPhone off a friend. I still don't like android that much on my nexus tablet but its a good sturdy tablet.

I came from a blackberry and if any of you know me from crackberry you know I've been a blackberry fan for years.

Bb10 wasn't cutting it for me and my 9900 was dying. I figured iOS was my next option.

So in reply to the op the 4s doesn't feel dated to me.

In reply to the above posters. Gs3 is way better than a 4 but a 4s I feel is on par with a ga3. I could only imagine what a 5 would be like speed wise. I don't need one so I won't get one. I'm a practical kind if person.

Sent from my Gameboy Color
    eve6er69 it's good to see you here on iMore. I was a longtime BB user too. I decided last year to give iOS a try. I bought a new 4S and haven't looked back. Enjoy your 4S and welcome to iMore!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts

Mine is starting to hang & freeze for a few seconds here & there. From switching pages on the launcher screen (I.e. home screen) to sending messages.... We're talking 5 seconds or more. Unveil the new iphone so I can decide what to do, please.
    No one cares what phones/computers/tablets you are using, or in which order you got them.... so stop listing.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts

I had a 4 on ATT and now a 4s on sprint.. 2 many areas where i live that my data service just hangs... phone calls are ok but when trying to use the WEB, boy do I miss my ATT service.. but not the price.
    iPhone Newbie

That doesn't sound right. My 4S was working as new on iOS 6. Maybe a restore may help?
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts

Sprint still has some catching up to do but my sprint iPhone 5 works great after I upgraded
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Well the iPhone 4S is my first apple phone and since coming from blackberry I think it's pretty awesome!!!! Sooo I'm not worry about it feeling dated

Global Posts
    14,988 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Dated???? Pfftttt

Solid function is a +

John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast