Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Default Mail sound

The mail sound is not in sync with the notification. The sound comes much later. Anybody having this issue?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Mine tones right when the email icon pops up, so i don't think im having the same problem you are.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

Mine has a slight delay at times, but not always, and the delay is only about 10 or 15 seconds after I see that a new email has arrived. Marked it off because I figured the phone was doing something in the background when the email came through.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1 Beta 2

Mine is delayed but I chalk it up to being on a beta
     Gold iPhone 5S 64 GB VZW on iOS 7.0.2  iPad 3rd Gen Black 16GB  Black MacBook 13" 2008  20" iMac Late 2007  Apple TV 2  2009 13' MacBook Pro

Global Posts
    22,285 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Mine is in-sync with the arrival of my email. Have you tried doing a reboot?
    iMore Expert

mine is fine when receiving emails, but when I send one the "swoosh" sent sound plays as soon as I hit the send button, not a few seconds later when it's actually sent.