Missing my trackpad

techceo

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I've recently switched from a BB to iPhone and have to say, for all the great features on the iOS, I do miss the trackpad on the BB. I'm having a hard time getting used to my fingers/thumb always in the way of what I'm trying to read while scrolling through an email/website/feed. Anyone else find this an adjustment, kind of wish there was some highlighting/scrolling functionality to the iPhone that didn't involve the touchscreen.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've recently switched from a BB to iPhone and have to say, for all the great features on the iOS, I do miss the trackpad on the BB. I'm having a hard time getting used to my fingers/thumb always in the way of what I'm trying to read while scrolling through an email/website/feed. Anyone else find this an adjustment, kind of wish there was some highlighting/scrolling functionality to the iPhone that didn't involve the touchscreen.

No. Besides, my last Blackberry device (Bold 9000) had a scroll ball. Anyway, my thumbs/fingers are nowhere close to being in the way while I'm reading and I'm trying to picture in my mind how you're holding the device to be in that predicament. ;)

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I definitely don't miss the trackpad/trackball from BlackBerry devices. The touchscreen is so much better. But if you have had a BlackBerry for a long time, it will be an adjustment for you. Congratulations on your new iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I know exactly how you're feeling, techceo. It took me a while to get used to not having the trackpad like on my BB Bold when I switched to the iPhone 3GS. However, I can tell you this much, you will get used to iOS in time and the touch screen as well if you stick with the iPhone long enough. :)

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
You'll get used to it. The touch experience on the iPhone is much better and more responsive than the trackpad on BlackBerry devices. You'll be a pro at touch navigating and typing in no time.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
It's been less than 90 days since I left the Bold 9930 for iPhone 4s and I say give it some time. I do not miss the trackpad at all!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
When I left AT&T for Sprint in 2010. I went from a 3GS to a BB with a track ball and no wifi. Drove me crazy.