Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Exclamation Can't make or receive calls when "3G" is on?

Hello everyone, I just joined this forum because yesterday I started having a problem on my 2 months-old Iphone 4S.

I can't make any calls, and when I try it beeps three times and I get a "Call Failed" message. People that try calling me get the same problem, but my Wi-Fi/3G was working fine.

After doing a quick research on the internet and trying a bunch of things, (like: Turning Airplane Mode on and off, turning my phone on and off, resetting the Network Settings, loading the "Show My Caller ID" on Settings>Phone>Show my caller ID) I found a guy who was having a similar problem and "solved" it by disabling 3G on Settings>General>Network

I tried it and it surprisingly worked, now I can only call or receive calls if my 3G is off (I found out I can still keep Wi-Fi on, though.)

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Does it seem like it's the carrier's or apple's fault?

Thanks in advance,