iMessage with international/prepaid SIM

t_williams9476

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon 4S. I'm leaving for a year abroad in France in a few weeks, and I bought a prepaid/pay-as-you-go SIM card (here) from the student travel agency I bought my flight from. One of the things that has me concerned is using iMessage. The majority of the people I text the most have iPhones, and thus, iMessage. With this SIM, I'll be paying per message. Will I be charged for using iMessage? Thanks!

FrostyRN

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I recently did some traveling myself to Scotland and Ireland with my Verizon 4S. Here is what worked for me: I called Verizon for an international unlock of my phone prior to departure. Once in the new country I bought a prepaid sim card from a local phone shop and had them help me activate it. Once activated, I typically used the minutes for international calls only. Just about everywhere I went in the two countries free wifi was available. When connected to wifi I was able to send unlimited messages using iMessage to all my friends with iPhones at no charge. My wife's 4S was not unlocked and she did not change her sim card, however, she was also able to use iMessage at no charge whenever connected to wifi as well. Hope this helps.

isabellaadamz

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
The new iOS 5 really works to bring a new dimension to the iPad user experience, breaking down the barrier between you and the machine. The seamless integration is a leap into the future - how will you use your iPad 2 with the iOS 5?
international SIM

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77