Not receiving phone calls

Keldog

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Believe me. I understand, my friend. You have to do what is necessary to keep the line of communications open, especially in business. Also, you mentioned that the geniuses at the Apple store did a full restore and sent you on your way. I'm wondering if they just did a restore by using your last backup instead of a full reset and restore as new. The latter is definitely recommended when troubleshooting because you never know if something installed via a third party app is the culprit. By starting completely fresh can help single out such apps, if applicable.

You're right, they did a full reset and restore. It was as if my phone was brand new, out of the box. Alas, no joy. I took the phone home and tried it out with no new apps installed, and it still did the same thing. To me, that proves that the issue is network related. I'm thinking that maybe a network extender is my only remedy.

Keldog

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
If they say it's a signal issue at home keep pushing they will give you a network extender for free ..
If iPhone 4 has no issues it has to be hardware related
Do any friends have a 4s that have same issue at your house ?

Does your phone work five when In a strong signal area like full bars outside ?

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and ask about the network extender, it's probably the only remedy left. Unfortunately, none of my friends have a 4S, so I can't ask them about their experience. As for my signal, I normally get 4-5 bars at my house. I can't imagine why they say i'm not getting a strong signal, but I dunno.. I have to wonder if the phone shows 4-5 bars, but it's not really correct?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and ask about the network extender, it's probably the only remedy left. Unfortunately, none of my friends have a 4S, so I can't ask them about their experience. As for my signal, I normally get 4-5 bars at my house. I can't imagine why they say i'm not getting a strong signal, but I dunno.. I have to wonder if the phone shows 4-5 bars, but it's not really correct?

If your phone is only issue and the iPhone 4 is fine and it's same network something is fubar with your phone not signal or the programming of your phone don't give up make them try sending you another phone .. Make them run trouble tickets on your line tracking every call once you have evidence on your side it's there network you will get your extender and actually if they can't provide for you and there coverage map says they can you actually have a exit from your contact .. ( they will not tell you this ) my wife worked cs for Verizon and pulled up the account and read notes techs left stating it was the network and she had a out of her contract
I just went threw this for my mother in law similar situation with dropped calls they sent a extender for free after pushing them .. funny thing is this was with a blackberry then she went to a 4s prob stopped

Keldog

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Last and final post for this one from me.. Verizon acknowledges that it's a signal problem in my area (even though there are 3 towers within 5 miles of my house), and they offer me: an endless string of replacement iPhone 4s devices (which exchanging the phone 3 times hasn't made a difference), $100 off of a network extender (after I was told I could have one for free and was later told that they couldn't do that), exchange for a 3G android device (where I will lose my unlimited data), or they will waive my ETF.

I have to say, Verizon is very unhelpful. Their reps treated me like I should be honored and feel privileged to have a phone on their network. I'm just going to have to sell my iPhone it looks like, and pick up an Android phone that gets a better connection in my area. Sad really, because this is my first iPhone and I was really starting to like it.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Proximity to towers does not necessarily mean you will get signal. Many towers are sectored - and directional... so close proximity to a tower may not be the good thing it may seem to be, especially if the direction you are from that tower is not covered by the sectored antennae arrays.

At this point, were I in your situation, I would take them up on the waiver of ETF.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Last and final post for this one from me.. Verizon acknowledges that it's a signal problem in my area (even though there are 3 towers within 5 miles of my house), and they offer me: an endless string of replacement iPhone 4s devices (which exchanging the phone 3 times hasn't made a difference), $100 off of a network extender (after I was told I could have one for free and was later told that they couldn't do that), exchange for a 3G android device (where I will lose my unlimited data), or they will waive my ETF.

I have to say, Verizon is very unhelpful. Their reps treated me like I should be honored and feel privileged to have a phone on their network. I'm just going to have to sell my iPhone it looks like, and pick up an Android phone that gets a better connection in my area. Sad really, because this is my first iPhone and I was really starting to like it.

How is AT&T in your area? The reason I ask is that since VZW is not really helping you solve your problem with the device you have and/or want, it maybe beneficial to you to accept the waiving of the early termination fee and go with AT&T and possibly get the new iPhone at a contract rate. If you really don't want an Android device then don't settle for one simply because it is convenient for Verizon, in my opinion. Why couldn't they have offered you a new iPhone 5? Do you know of any other people in your area with an iPhone 4S on the VZW network that is NOT having signal related problems?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox