iPhone changes lockscreen picture by itself

aussie23454

Aug 8, 2009
Visit site
Ever since yesterday my lock screen sets itself to random pictures, and no matter what I do I can't change it..any input? It's jail broken but I haven't installed any new apps lately..

*edit: these are NOT pictures on my phone...nor have i ever seen them before, so idk where they are coming from.

http://db.tt/lu7QF1c5
http://db.tt/UlxaSB1H

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i think you are in that in between stage of being allowed to post pics due to your post count

they should show up soon, hopefully

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i think you are in that in between stage of being allowed to post pics due to your post count

they should show up soon, hopefully

Shouldn't Massie, with a 3k-plus post count, see the OP's posted photos like the rest of us can?

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Running anything in Winterboard? Or any lockscreen tweaks? Those often come packaged with their own lockscreen wallpapers that you wouldn't see in your camera roll/photo library.

aussie23454

Aug 8, 2009
Visit site
i have nothing winterboard related nor have installed any winterboard related stuff since i wiped my phone recently and started fresh, and the only lock screen mod i have is lockinfo, and ive used that program for a long time and its never done that..nor do i see any option to modify the lockscreen in it

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Weird. How about this: what did you use to jb, and what jailbreak apps/tweaks have you installed since?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just a hunch, but that is the album cover for a Tool album (the second link you provided)...do you listen to Tool? Are you sure that the pictures being "changed" are not actually your iPod app scrolling through various album covers?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Looking online, some people explained that certain themes available to the iPhone have a similar feature to LockScreen Rotator...now given the fact that you said that your phone isn't running any winter board themes, my guess is this may be something you have left over from a previous customization.

Have you tried a 100% full restore on this phone to see if that fixes the issue?

aussie23454

Aug 8, 2009
Visit site
Actually I completely wiped and re jail broke my phone only a few days ago...the only apps I have installed in the last week was anyattach and xmessages, nothing I have installed since jailbreak is even remotely related to theming or winter board..if I restart the phone it gives me a different Random pic each time

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried to mimic this issue without the phone being jailbroken?

This would at least point to you where the issue stems from (whether it be an issue with the phone itself or with the jailbreak).

Also, given it's a 4S, have you thought about simply returning it to Apple for a replacement? You've still got a few months of standard Apple warranty on it to which they'll replace the phone for pretty much any reason you could conceivably come up with.

aussie23454

Aug 8, 2009
Visit site
Ok I figured it out - spotify is bugged on my phone and it keeps showing album covers in my lock screen even If I keep closing and terminating the app..And it overrides any wallpaper I set. Even after I reinstalled spotify it still does it, I'll do a full wipe n try again..thanks for the responses!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No problem, given that was a Tool album cover, i had a strong feeling it had something to do with a music app or tweak...glad you found what you needed.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Have you been reinstalling Lockinfo? Because I had this exact issue with the latest non-beta release. Any album art from Pandora or Spotify or my music app would get "stuck" as my lock screen wallpaper even after I finished using the app. Updating to the beta release of Lockinfo cleared the issue right up since it had been fixed after the stable release.

To get the Lockinfo betas, you need to have the developer's beta repo added to Cydia:
http://apt.dba-technologies.com/beta/

(Sorry, I didn't know it was an album cover or I would have suggested this earlier!) Hope that helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73