- 07-18-2012, 02:13 PM #2
Well, for 1) the touch screen is awesome. 2) the overall design of the device itself. 3) the quickness the iOS moves at. 4) the amount of cases you can buy is out of this world 4) the apps. 5) pretty much, just the whole overall iphone & iOS in itself
I think i'm done lol
Last edited by Pink; 07-19-2012 at 07:40 PM. Reason: had to add in more reasons!iHeartMy4S*drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
- 07-18-2012, 02:17 PM #3
Last edited by kch50428; 07-18-2012 at 03:04 PM. Reason: reviseKeith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
iPhone5 on VZW; iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
- 07-18-2012, 02:18 PM #4
- 07-18-2012, 02:22 PM #5
- It works like it's made to
- Apple stands behind their products
- Quality apps available in the App Store
- Great aesthetic design. Feels just right in my hand.
- Easy to use
- Listening to my music on it is a pleasure
- I can easily restore a backup if I get another one
- App/Music purchasing is great. Everything is tied to one Apple ID and I don't have to have
a bunch of different usernames and passwords.
- Usually when new apps are out, the iPhone is the first to get it before other platforms.
- Apple helps me when I have a problem and doesn't send me to my carrier.
- The screen is just beautiful
- Great battery life
- Accessories. It's basically just a couple of designs. Third party accessory makers
always have things for it.
- The OS works smoothly and doesn't give me many problems.
- It can handle wear and tear and won't deteriorate after a year like my Blackberry's used to
- When someone I know is new to it, I can easily teach them a thing or two about it with a couple
of texts and they understand right away, because it's easy to do sh1t
I'll keep adding to this as I think of more....
Last edited by forever29; 07-18-2012 at 02:26 PM.
- 07-18-2012, 02:53 PM #6
- 07-18-2012, 04:27 PM #7
I never really gave any thought to what I liked about my 4S until I started using Androids Galaxy Nexus. That said, nothing compares to how easy the copy & paste feature works on the iPhone VS the way it is done on the Nexus. With the Nexus it took as many as 3 tries before I copied what I needed to and pasted it where I wanted it. Also, I do use the screenshot feature quite a bit, and after using the Nexus for a few days and having it take me as many as 8 times to get a screenshot without the volume increasing every time, I like how easy it is on the iPhone, as I always get the shot on the first try. The form factor is another thing that I've come to like about the iPhone. I have found the my 4S is much easier to hold and operate one handed than the larger sized Nexus, which requires 2 handed operation for most things other than calls. Also, as noted by Garz above, I like the way my iPhone works together with my iPad 4G.
Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.
Last edited by Irish Rose; 07-18-2012 at 05:14 PM.
- 07-18-2012, 04:43 PM #8iPhone Genius
- 5,246 Posts
- iOS Version
That it just works. Sure you see them everywhere... but that's part of what makes the iPhone great. There are a plethora of apps, cases and accessories. Developers and accessory makers go where the market is... more devices in circulation = larger market = more options.
The iPhone works smoothly and elegantly. It syncs via wires or wireless with my Mac, the cloud and my family - I can easily share my world with those I chose to share with and block those whom I don't wish to share with. iPhone 5 (Black.32GB.AT&T) iPad Mini (Black.32GB.WiFi) iPad (3Gen.Black.64GB.AT&T) MacBook Pro (15" 2012.Retina Display.i7) iMac (21.5" 2011.i5) AppleTV (3Gen)
- 07-18-2012, 04:46 PM #9
- 07-18-2012, 05:28 PM #10
- 07-18-2012, 06:55 PM #11
iCloud syncing between my iPhone and my IPad for Reminders and Notes.
Exchange syncing with Gmail, Contact and Calendar.
iPad 2 Wi-Fi
MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Mountain Lion 10.8.3
Former Storm2 & Palm Owner
- 07-19-2012, 04:07 PM #13
- 07-19-2012, 04:43 PM #14
- 07-19-2012, 04:48 PM #15
motoleo...the more you post, the more I'm convinced that you probably don't even own an iPhone.
As to the original question...
- Beautiful display
- Truly impressive camera (and this coming from someone who has a Canon 5D and 7D available to him at all times through his wife)
- Ease of use in regards to...well...EVERYTHING i do on the phone.
- The best music management of any phone on the market...period.
- Customer service from Apple (not really a feature of the phone, but a blessing that comes with all of them)
...so many other things, i could list stuff for days."Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
- 07-19-2012, 06:10 PM #16
I do, but we actually found out that the "retina" screen only works like its supposed to from a certain distance. They could actually improve the screen. Also you don't really notice this but when you launch an app, it will just bring up an image, like an actual JPEG of what you were last doing while it loads. It's a false image. You can tap it all you want, but it won't do anything until it actually loads.
Last edited by motoleo; 07-19-2012 at 06:14 PM.
- 07-19-2012, 06:18 PM #17"Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
- 07-20-2012, 12:22 AM #19
- 07-20-2012, 02:19 AM #20
- 07-20-2012, 05:26 AM #21
"My phone goes with my MacBook."
Ugh. You people are satisfied by simple things. You guys are going to pee your pants if Apple has what it takes to really get something better and different out to market.
Everything about the phone can be improved. From the resolution to the battery to the responsiveness, incorporating things that make sense and getting rid of the flack.
It's people like me who know how to invent and progress. And it's people like you who keep us stuck in one place.
- 07-20-2012, 06:09 AM #22
New to iPhone (just having left Blackberry )...I love the keyboard, compared to a few droids I tried; the speed and intuitiveness; the overall design; reliability; built in way to take screenshots--woot! and yes Pink I already have a few cases!!
Can't wait to keep exploring all the amazing features of this phone!!
- 07-20-2012, 06:38 AM #23
- 07-20-2012, 06:51 AM #24iHeartMy4S*drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
- 07-20-2012, 07:11 AM #25