Nine months after the 4S release: Are you still satisfied with your purchase?

Satisfied with your iPhone 4S purchase 9 months later?

• Yes, I am.

Votes: 47 90.4%
  • No, I am not.

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
As the thread title states. I just wonder from those of you that have bought the 4S from at least February, if
you're still satisfied with your purchase or can you not wait to upgrade to whatever the next gen iPhone is?
Or are you thinking of upgrading to another platform?

I bought mine right at the end of December 2011. I gotta say I might have my quips here and there with
something that might bug me. But overall I'm completely satisfied with my purchase even 7 months later.
I do plan on upgrading to the next iPhone, for sure.

What about the rest of you?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Still satisfied but of course, I always want more. Looking forward to fall to pick up the new iPhone.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I bought my 4S back in Nov., switching from a bb. I've been very happy overall with the phone & even when the next iPhone is released I won't be upgrading right away. I plan on keeping and using my 4S as long as it'll last:D then when the time comes, I'll worry which iPhone is out that I'd upgrade to;)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought my iPhone 4S a week after it started selling back in October 2011 and I am still enjoying it. As for the next iPhone, I'll wait and see what it looks like as well as the specs before I make a decision to purchase it or not. Because I am enjoying my 4S, I'm not in a rush to get the next model. :)

Just Me, D
(iPad)

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I bought my 4S back in Nov., switching from a bb. I've been very happy overall with the phone & even when the next iPhone is released I won't be upgrading right away. I plan on keeping and using my 4S as long as it'll last:D then when the time comes, I'll worry which iPhone is out that I'd upgrade to;)

Me too. With my BBs, I always upgraded every two years because after about six months of use, they were being held together with spit and kite string. With my iPhone, it still works as well as the day I got it out of the box and am in no hurry to upgrade.

I bought mine the end of October and the longest ten hours of my life was waiting on the delayed FedEx truck to bring it to me. Apparently, GPS doesn't work well in the Corn Patch and FedEx decided my house and street don't exist.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Very satisfied with everything I needed a phone to do. And it's been a really reassuring thing that I got Beta 3 of IOS 6 now on my phone too.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Considering I am on my FOURTEENTH you'd think not, but I still think there's a remnant somewhere from the theft in October that's jamming me up.

samthelegoman1

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Got mine a week after release. Still think I shoulda waited for the GSIII or waited even longer for the iPhone 5. I just can't deal with this slow phone I paid a $200 premium for. Honestly, I just got an iPhone for the app store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dviper27

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
As the thread title states. I just wonder from those of you that have bought the 4S from at least February, if
you're still satisfied with your purchase or can you not wait to upgrade to whatever the next gen iPhone is?
Or are you thinking of upgrading to another platform?

I bought mine right at the end of December 2011. I gotta say I might have my quips here and there with
something that might bug me. But overall I'm completely satisfied with my purchase even 7 months later.
I do plan on upgrading to the next iPhone, for sure.

What about the rest of you?
Yes... buy I somewhat wish I wouldn't have bought it... Siri is such a Joke.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Got mine a week after release. Still think I shoulda waited for the GSIII or waited even longer for the iPhone 5. I just can't deal with this slow phone I paid a $200 premium for. Honestly, I just got an iPhone for the app store.

if your 4S is slow then you are either doing something wrong or need to make a Genius appt so they can troubleshoot it for you..

AND if remember correctly you are jailbroken so not really Apples fault

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
For those that say it's "slow", if you could give us an interpretation of what "slow" is to you, I'd appreciate
it. I'm seriously just looking to see what you're referring to and not trying to start trouble.

kayno

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
No regrets.. Love how much faster it is compared to the iPhone 4. Wish Siri worked better though.. I like the improved camera, the new antenna design, no more antennagate.. I usually get every new iPhone just to keep the value of my phone high and to enable me to get the new phones at close to nothing.. And also cause I like new technology...

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
after getting a Galaxy Nexus and splitting my usage between it and my 4S... i find the 4S screen WAY too small. 4-4.2" would be sweet spot, nothing less. And the lack of widgets on iOS is something that is starting to really bug me after using ICS/JB for a couple months... didn't bother me before, but using a GNex, makes me realize they are pretty useful in some cases. And I find the iOS pop ups (be it banners or full alerts) - to be extremely annoying, but if turn all off, you get no notification. The LED on the GNex is quite nice too for notifications without having to check the phone all the time.

Otherwise, iOS user experience and fluidity still rule. But Android is catching up, and Apple better start innovating with iOS. The launcher - to me - has become incredibly stale.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
this cannot be Apples fault - more like operator error(s)

ame made a few posts on the issue before and it was my understanding that it was more of a network related problem and not "operator error" as you say here. ;)

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

samthelegoman1

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
For those that say it's "slow", if you could give us an interpretation of what "slow" is to you, I'd appreciate
it. I'm seriously just looking to see what you're referring to and not trying to start trouble.

Internet connection, no matter if it's on wi-fi with 3 bars or 3G with 5 bars, is incredibly slow. I just get so irritated when my friend whips out his GSIII and can open up a webpage in literally a second all the time, even on 4g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711