Monolith iPhone back?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
If that little sliver of wood is worth $60 to you, go for it...or find yourself a nice tree and whittle one.

good point, Sean. that is the problem with society today. gone are the days of someone actually making something themselves. instead we choose to buy something that some little korean girl makes in a hot building for a whopping $8.00 a day :eek:

gotta love America!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
good point, Sean. that is the problem with society today. gone are the days of someone actually making something themselves. instead we choose to buy something that some little korean girl makes in a hot building for a whopping $8.00 a day :eek:

gotta love America!

I've seen these profiled in a magazine before, they are made in the USA.

Reactions: BLiNK

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I could see the advantage of replacing the back glass with a hunk of wood, but for what they want for one cover, I can buy an Otterbox and have twice the protection. Neat idea though but I'd be nervous about taking my phone apart.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, let's get this straight... we buy a $700 phone made of glass, and metal, and now you want to put a slice of wood on said phone for $60, just to have a case over it?

Consumerism at it's finest. You want the look? Look for a sticker-type product that you can just apply.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok, let's get this straight... we buy a $700 phone made of glass, and metal, and now you want to put a slice of wood on said phone for $60, just to have a case over it?

Consumerism at it's finest. You want the look? Look for a sticker-type product that you can just apply.

I'd pay the $60 vs. $5 for a tacky sticker...that'd be like taking a brand new corvette and instead of putting carbon fiber trim on the interior, putting fake carbon fiber stickers on it. No bueno...

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'd pay the $60 vs. $5 for a tacky sticker...that'd be like taking a brand new corvette and instead of putting carbon fiber trim on the interior, putting fake carbon fiber stickers on it. No bueno...

We're talking apples and oranges here. I am sure you don't cover your corvette whenever you drive it, where as 99% of people will put a case on their phone. If you want to buy it, its your money. I just gave my opinion about the topic. Also, not all stickers are cheap, there are many quality sticker coverings you can buy. Look around.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Nice looking but too much trouble to install those wood backs. I just dropped 99 bucks for AC Plus so I wouldn't take off the glass back for a 60 dollar wood back and void the warranty and if I had to take the phone in for anything gotta put the glass back.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I think they're pretty. I especially like the Zebrawood. It would drive me crazy though to have a different panel on the back than on the front. Now if they made full housing, that would be awesome. I wonder how it will affect the weight of the phone? Hopefully it will be lighter.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
We're talking apples and oranges here. I am sure you don't cover your corvette whenever you drive it, where as 99% of people will put a case on their phone. If you want to buy it, its your money. I just gave my opinion about the topic. Also, not all stickers are cheap, there are many quality sticker coverings you can buy. Look around.

This isn't a cover, it's a replacement back panel...and no, i doubt even 50% of iPhone users buy replacement back panels for their phone. My comparison was relevant, if you're going to try and improve your phone in such a way (relating specifically to a wooden look back case), buying a sticker is tacky.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2