11-19-2012 01:04 PM
- I'm confused by this whole thread. Isn't the purpose of the lock screen to protect your data, email, messages, etc? If that is true (and it most definitely is true for me), why would you want to put all that "stuff" that you want/need to keep private on the lock screen anyway?
There are posts throughout this forum from people asking how to lock down photos, messages, etc for whatever personal reasons the OPs have... and yet, here we're told that the lock screen is boring because all it displays is a clock and a button for the camera.
As far as I am concerned, the lock screen is perfect. It's supposed to be boring so as to not broadcast stuff I choose not to broadcast.
Jailbreak it and put all your "stuff" on the lock screen for you and the world to see. Or install apps to never allow the lock screen to kick in. It doesn't matter to me. The current lock screen serves the function that is perfect for me - to lock my screen and hide my personal data.
To each, his/her own.08-11-2012 03:24 PM
Slide to Teleport - slide to TELEphone... just seems like some sci-fi inside... FWIK, in The Fly by
Cronenberg, Veronica has a sarcastic comment along those lines when she sees the telepods for the first time : "Oh great, designer's phone booth!"
Slide to Self Destruct - well I guess the guy feels like dying every time he has to turn is iPhone off... Can't never love Apple enough!
Original sliders in a classical way...08-11-2012 05:49 PM
- The lockscreen is boring, but it's fine the way it is. Constantly pushing data to widgets kills battery life, so until iPhone goes Galaxy Note size, it's fine. When I had my phone jailbroken, I had intelliscreen, after the novelty wore off, I uninstalled it. One day I realized, hell, I don't even have widgets on my MBP, why bother sticking 'em on my iPhone.08-12-2012 12:07 AM
- Well, this is no offense but since the first iOS release until now, it's iOS6. I see there is not much improvement on the lockscreen. We can see that there are only little change on it, for example notification pop up, camera fast button...
I was hoping something new for lockscreen would come from iOS6 but once again apple made me disappointed. It's really a waste to left the lockscreen nothing but the clock. Don't wanna compare but you know with Android, it's more than a lockscreen but somehow a flipchart where various information is dynamically updated and we don't have to go to specific apps like in iOS.
Are you happy with the lockscreen?
I only use the lock screen to quickly see the time (if I forget to put my watch on), and to see if there is any notifications I've missed. If I need anymore I unlock the iPhone and access whatever I need.
If you want more info etc on the lock screen you can always jailbreak.
No offence at Android here but when I see some of their lock screens, I find then really cluttered, but each to their own, that's why there is a choice in Smartphones08-12-2012 03:18 AM
- I'm also bored with the lock screen. And there ain't any cool lock screens available as well to use after jailbreak. After the release of The Amazing Spider Man and the way Peter Parker unlocks the door of one of the Os-corps Biological lab while sneaking out with that cool lock, I was hoping the developers would come with something like that. But it seems that it came only for android.... viz., Burst Lock.11-19-2012 05:11 AM
- I'm also bored with the lock screen. And there ain't any cool lock screens available as well to use after jailbreak. After the release of The Amazing Spider Man and the way Peter Parker unlocks the door of one of the Os-corps Biological lab while sneaking out with that cool lock, I was hoping the developers would come with something like that. But it seems that it came only for android.... viz., Burst Lock.11-19-2012 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD