Maps, how to do the figure 8 motion?

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
In Maps, when I do the headlight thing, I keep getting this..

5911418391_26f43f428d_o_teaser.png

So does that mean figure 8 like imagining you're doing it on a table or a figure 8 like swinging a baton?

I don't know how to calibrate this thing.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
you've got to be ****ing kidding me. here you turned this place upside down over the upcoming absence of google maps yet you never knew how to calibrate your compass??

infiltrating troll.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
you've got to be ****ing kidding me. here you turned this place upside down over the upcoming absence of google maps yet you never knew how to calibrate your compass??

infiltrating troll.

Thanks, BLiNK... now my new Retina display is covered in Diet Pepsi spray...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Normally you would be holding the phone in your hand at the same time the screen comes up. Make the moves the same way.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
But that's just it. There is no indication of the direction you are supposed to swing it or for how long. When the screen comes up, I try it in several different ways, but not once has it ever solved anything. And soon I'm just basically, spinning in circles, swinging my phone all over the place. Figure 8?

It's the most poorly implemented feature in anything I've ever experienced. It can't be real.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's the most poorly implemented feature in anything I've ever experienced. It can't be real.
It's not real at all... the phones can sense when you're doing it, and they send a signal to a spy satellite with a really super high definition camera and record you doing it so one day they can post the video of you looking like a fool waving your phone around... and I hope to hell you never have a car that requires an electronic compas calibration... you'll probably total the thing... s m h...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner