IPhone 4s Won't Hang Up a Call

clara206girl

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
So, this has been going on for about a month or so, but when I am finished with a phone call, and press "End", it does not hang up the call. I try pushing it over and over, but the only thing that will end the call is by me pushing the button on top of the phone, or wait until the person hangs up.

Sometimes it works if I push End though.

Is this just me?

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Same thing happened to me a couple of times, when I pressed "end call" the screen went black for a second and then the same screen came back, I had to keep tapping until it finally worked, I'm running ios 6 on my 4S so that's probably what's caused the issue.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 5.0.1 and this has happened to me about 4 times within the past month and a half. I have noticed that it happens right after I apply moisturizer to my face and then hold the phone strategically between my face and shoulder on a call causing my moisturizer to get on the screen of my phone causing the touch sensor to not respond properly because of the residue from my moisturizer. (sounds gross I know lol)

Toochief

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Me too!!

It happened to me yesterday for first time. I'm on 5.0.1 and I'm a guy that does not use a moisturizer

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I live in Arizona, and the screen stops working after phone calls that last long enough to heat up the screen with my face. It has happened to me on every iPhone 4 and 4s I have been through. I think it is a heat issue. Most of the time when this happens, the screen is reduced to partial functionality, like I can push down on a button, but when I release, nothing happens. After a lot of frustration, I gave up on a fix and chock it up to a design issue.

Finzor

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
It can also be the natural oils off your skin

This has happened to me multiple times and after I hit the lock button twice, it hangs up and I clean the screen and all is well. Doesn't necessarily have to be a moisturizer. The only person I've ever heard of not having this problem is my friend who never lets his phone touch his face, because he used to have the same problem with other touch screen phones.

Harold Rosee

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I fiexed mine!!

I have been having the same problem as a lot of you where I could not end a call. Today I was on a call and right before I ended my call I received an email. I have push turned on.

I could not hang up without hitting the button about 10 times.

I talked to my cousin who also had an iphone and we compared settings. She has both "push" and "fetch" turned OFF for her email.

I turned mine off and cannot get it to fail now! While it should work with it on it doesn't. The whole phone seems faster now.

If you have the "end call" problem try turning off "push" and set "fetch" to manual and let us know if that fixed the problem. If it does at least we know the problem and can report it to apple.

Thanks.

SkeeterN

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
My settings are like you suggest and my iPhone 4s won't hang up until the person hangs up. My lock button also doesn't work so I am stuck. Can't do anything till the person finally hangs up