Siri volume bug?

kfan12

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

So I just updated my iOS from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 and something doesn't seem right with the text volume and Siri. If you turn the volume down all the way in the music app, leave the app, hold down the home button to activate Siri, exit Siri, and if you get a text you don't hear your text noise at all (I texted myself to confirm), however, if you bring up the music app again and adjust the volume slider you can vary the text volume with that. It's pretty odd, I was able to replicate this with my brother's 4S.

kfan12

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

So I just updated my iOS from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 and something doesn't seem right with the text volume and Siri. If you turn the volume down all the way in the music app, leave the app, hold down the home button to activate Siri, exit Siri, and if you get a text you don't hear your text noise at all (I texted myself to confirm), however, if you bring up the music app again and adjust the volume slider you can vary the text volume with that. It's pretty odd, I was able to replicate this with my brother's 4S.

Nevermind. I think I found what was causing my issue. AssistantExtensions.