Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default how to set up my school email on my 4s?

i want to set up my psu.edu school email but i have no idea what to do next it just says pick imap or pop but there is other stuff i need to enter in for incoming mail server and outgoing
    host name
    user name

Global Posts
    11,973 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Do you have it set up on a computer? Settings are the same as used to set up a computer.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Do you have it set up on a computer? Settings are the same as used to set up a computer.
    not sure what you mean i can just login for their website

Global Posts
    11,973 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Do you use a computer with an email program and not a web interface to access email? The settings are the same for a computer and email client program. Or use the 'Help' section of the school's web mail interface, and the instructions for setting up an email client or phone should be there.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Newbie

thanks man found this link iOS Devices: IMAP Configuration | IT Knowledge Base
    if anyone needs it for future reference.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    iOS Version

My schools email is forwarded to my Gmail because in a year when I graduate, I won't have access to that email, but they will always be in my Gmail. I suggest you look into that.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sharma15 View Post
    My schools email is forwarded to my Gmail because in a year when I graduate, I won't have access to that email, but they will always be in my Gmail. I suggest you look into that.
    And how exactly do you do that? Sounds like it wouldbe really helpful for me
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Depending on the school... I would go ahead and look at the website that you can check your email on from the school. For Rutgers University it is right on the top of the page where you can configure forward/redirection and you can do it right to gmail. I did this for Rutgers and it comes through as who it was originally sent to my Rutgers email adress and who you can respond with/ the original person who sent the email.

One of the best ways to get the email especially because this eliminates your device from pulling from another account on top of the gmail one. Your device only has to pull from gmail instead of both which in turn saves battery.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BiG BaLLA 923 View Post
    Depending on the school... I would go ahead and look at the website that you can check your email on from the school. For Rutgers University it is right on the top of the page where you can configure forward/redirection and you can do it right to gmail. I did this for Rutgers and it comes through as who it was originally sent to my Rutgers email adress and who you can respond with/ the original person who sent the email.

One of the best ways to get the email especially because this eliminates your device from pulling from another account on top of the gmail one. Your device only has to pull from gmail instead of both which in turn saves battery.
    right on works perfect by the way im using Penn states email