Yahoo mail or an outage?

ragirl

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I seem to be having issues receiving my Yahoo mail on my iPhone 4s. All other email accounts are coming through without a problem. I can even update my calendar on Yahoo (web) and see the update on my phone. Any ideas? I don't want to delete the account and run the risk of losing all my calendar entries and contacts.

TIA!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
within your settings see if you have it setup as Push

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data > Advanced > (desired email account) > Select Schedule > Push

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
that was my second suggestion. however, deleting and adding back is a very easy process

let us know how it goes..

ragirl

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I deleted the account and it will not go back on. My contacts, calendar, etc are all hosed. I get the following message:

"apple.imap.mail.yahoo.com on port 993 timed out".

Please help.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I deleted the account and it will not go back on. My contacts, calendar, etc are all hosed. I get the following message:

Please help.

After reading your message, I deleted the Yahoo! email account from my iPhone 4S and then set it up again without a problem. All of the messages and folders associated with my Yahoo! account were present so I don't know what to tell you except to try again.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Also, if you're connected to a Wi-Fi network, disconnect from it and then try setting up your Yahoo! account.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

ragirl

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Not connected to wifi. On AT&T 4G with most bars.

Running iOS 5.1.1 I don't know what is up, but this is strange and quite frustrating.

Thank you all.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try rebooting your iPhone (press the power button & home button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears). After booting to your home screen, try to set up your Yahoo! account again. Your calendar entries and mail messages should be intact on Yahoo's servers and once your iPhone is configured to Yahoo! those items will sync to your device.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

Please help.

weird. i've never seen a message like this before

LyndaP

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
My Yahoo mail has not been pushing for more than a month. This is the second time this year that it's happened for a prolonged period. Yahoo admits it's their problem and seem to be completely powerless to fix it. I've switched to Gmail and am now forwarding my Yahoo mail there, and will eventually delete the Yahoo account completely; an account I've had since 1997. This is a problem that is not exclusive to one provider, and not exclusive to just the iPhone. I've just given up - they are clearly no longer going to be reliable, and I need reliability in my email provider.

There are multiple threads on the Apple community pages, as well as this at Yahoo: Mail Help Community

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My Yahoo mail has not been pushing for more than a month. This is the second time this year that it's happened for a prolonged period. Yahoo admits it's their problem and seem to be completely powerless to fix it. I've switched to Gmail and am now forwarding my Yahoo mail there, and will eventually delete the Yahoo account completely; an account I've had since 1997. This is a problem that is not exclusive to one provider, and not exclusive to just the iPhone. I've just given up - they are clearly no longer going to be reliable, and I need reliability in my email provider.

There are multiple threads on the Apple community pages, as well as this at Yahoo: Mail Help Community

I'm assuming it's sporadic because my Yahoo! mail is still pushed to my device. Hopefully, for those who are affected, the problem gets resolved quickly. :)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

LyndaP

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Yes, it does seem to affect some people and not others - my husband's yahoo mail has not been affected while mine has, twice this year alone. Late last year, he had the same issue and I didn't. I've just decided that it's not worth the hassle any longer, and reluctantly switched to Gmail.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I had issues with Yahoo going way back to Sept/Oct when i was still on a bb. When i switched to my 4S in Nov & put my Yahoo mail on it, it was still finicky. After a month of dealing with it working, or not working rather, i deleted it off my phone completely!! glad to be rid of it honestly!!

ragirl

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like Yahoo is having issues. After deleting the account 5+ hours ago, my calendar loaded first and just now the contact list came back online. Still no mail or notes. Thank for the heads up Tim. I hope this resolves soon.

LyndaP, I'm seriously considering a change to Google. But I don't know if that would be anymore reliable than Yahoo.

I had no problems for quite sometime until last night when mail updated for the last time at 12:49 a.m.

Time to go back to cave man days and use a pencil and calendar - LOL! I will keep everyone post if/when mail returns. BTW, even a problem on my iPad, so I'm assuming this a Yahoo issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox