Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    705 Global Posts

Default attaching files to email

Hi everyone!

So a quick question; my friend asked me this and I am stumped.

He has his resume and cover letter, which are both word documents. He wants to be able to save it to the iphone and email it to prospective employers when an opportunity comes up. However neither of us can figure out how to save the documents once emailed to the iphone.

From what I have researched he will have to purchase the expensive docs to go app to be able to do this? Am I correct, or is there an other way (other than jailbreaking) that is

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    iOS Version

The only way for now, as I do, is to save it in Dropbox and from there he can send a link of the document via email to anyone. Thats how I manage my documents from my iPhone. No need of having Docs2go or any editor installed. He only needs Dropbox installed. In the future, if he wants to edit documents in the iPhone, then he should get a document editor such as Documents to Go.
    Last edited by Veritas_vincit; 06-23-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Global Posts
    17,421 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Download the Phone Drive app or something similar. You can transfer files back and forth between your computer and i-device effortlessly. Also, from within the Phone Drive app, you will have the option to email your file(s).

UPDATE: In regard to saving files from an email, once you click on the file after installing Phone Drive, you will see the option to save files to the Phone Drive. You will be able to view, edit and disperse any file you save to Phone Drive on your device.

Read about it in the App Store. Take care and have a great weekend.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 06-23-2012 at 03:04 PM.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS6

If he can somehow get his word documents converted to PDF (I think Adobe offers this service on-line, with your first 5 documents free) then he can open them with iBooks on his phone and they will save to his PDF library. From there he can email them as needed.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    705 Global Posts

Thanks everyone. I tried all the options and the phone drive works the best for me so I'll pas it on to him

Global Posts
    17,421 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by i-candy View Post
    Thanks everyone. I tried all the options and the phone drive works the best for me so I'll pas it on to him
    You're very welcome. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    iMore Intermediate

Can't he just forward he email to whoever he wants ?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

being a blackberry user this is just as easy as pie. Its issues like this that concern me about switching to the iPhone. It scares me that it will be a mistake to make the switch but what the heck with the recent developments over at blackberry I am so tired of constantly being 2 generations of devices behind everybody else