iPhone 4s or wait..

Whitmer2010

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently a college student and I already own a MacBook pro, as well as an iPad 2, and an 2nd generation iPod touch (that doesn't access the web anymore). My question is I would like to purchase an iPhone at some point, right now the only issue is money. Hopefully sometime soon I will be able to purchase one. I'm just trying to figure out if I want the 4s or get the new 5 when it comes out. I know I probably won't get an iPhone before then. I was just looking for advice. I was also wondering about which color I should get, the black to match my iPad and or get white to see if I like because I have talked to a few of my friends who seem to like it. Choices, choices, choices.. Thanks for the help. :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If I read your post correctly, you stated, "I know I probably won't get an iPhone before then" (meaning before the next iPhone is released). If that is true, you might as well wait to even consider which one to buy because by then, you will know what the next iPhone will look like as well as its specs, therefore, your decision on which to get will be a lot easier, in my opinion.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
^^^I agree with this. If you aren't actively in the market now, I'd just wait to see if the 5 or whatever it is called will meet your needs and budget. I know I'm ready for the 4G version on Verizon. This 3G is killing me. And we don't even know what colors they might have at launch. We'd assume white and black, but we don't know for sure. Me, personally, I always go for black. But that's because I view the white to be a little more feminine.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree with these guys. Once the new iPhone is released, you'll have a better grasp on which one you like better. I believe the 4S is getting all of the new features of iOS 6, so that's a plus! Additionally, the 4S will probably have a price drop when the "new" iPhone comes out. The 4G coverage on Verizon is awesome. I've tested a few at the Verizon store and a buddy of mine has a hotspot through work which he raves about.

R3dM0nd

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
if your not in the market currently id say wait, im switching to the 4s now and will figure out a way to get the 5 when its released, but thats only cause i dont want to lose my unlimited data plan.

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If the only issue is money, then patience is your best bet. Wait, see, compare the prices and features (value for money) and then choose.

Regarding color - black is classic, classy, and sexy. White is very current now and sexy too, but just like a young lady - it might become less appealing after time. Black remains, at least in my view.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If the only issue is money, then patience is your best bet. Wait, see, compare the prices and features (value for money) and then choose.

Regarding color - black is classic, classy, and sexy. White is very current now and sexy too, but just like a young lady - it might become less appealing after time. Black remains, at least in my view.

I know a lot of people say the white iPhone looks more girly, but as a female, I don't like the color. My iPhone is black.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Wait to see what the new iPhone's specs are, and how its release impacts prices. As for color, get whichever you like. I have the white 4S and love it. It hasn't gotten old, nor has it gotten dirty or dingy looking. I have a white MacBook, drive a MINI Cooper S and am owned by a Shih Tzu. I'm also an inked, 6' tall, 250lb decidedly masculine male. I call bullsh1t on the idea that a color, car, or choice of dog breed (or anything else) makes a person more feminine or masculine.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently a college student and I already own a MacBook pro, as well as an iPad 2, and an 2nd generation iPod touch (that doesn't access the web anymore). My question is I would like to purchase an iPhone at some point, right now the only issue is money. Hopefully sometime soon I will be able to purchase one. I'm just trying to figure out if I want the 4s or get the new 5 when it comes out. I know I probably won't get an iPhone before then. I was just looking for advice. I was also wondering about which color I should get, the black to match my iPad and or get white to see if I like because I have talked to a few of my friends who seem to like it. Choices, choices, choices.. Thanks for the help. :)

Yeah definitely wait. Once the next iPhone is announced you would be able to see if it was going to be worth it or go with the 4S. Expect a October announcement for the new iPhone.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Do you all think the iPhone 5 will be released at the same time iOS 6 comes out?

I think the iPhone will be released shortly after iOS 6 is released. Last year iOS 5 was released on 12 October and the iPhone 4S was released 14 October. I expect the same pattern this year, although the dates could be different.

Last edited:
Reactions: bgl321

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Traded a 9930 for my 4S and... Best thing I have ever done.

I like all platforms, but this one is simple and it WORKS

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I know a lot of people say the white iPhone looks more girly, but as a female, I don't like the color.

I guess, white is more girly. Think whiteware lol: teasing. :rolleyes:
White looks more dandy and tender - maybe this is the reason.

I wonder if the next iPhone would feature more colors - doubt it though - the perception of value would go at a level of the iPod Nano.

jjjwicks

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
If you have not purchased a new iPhone by now, don't. Wait a few months to get the new iPhone, which is bound to have better specs and features. Since a new iPhone only comes out once a year, you can wait a few months.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I guess, white is more girly. Think whiteware lol: teasing. :rolleyes:
White looks more dandy and tender - maybe this is the reason.

I wonder if the next iPhone would feature more colors - doubt it though - the perception of value would go at a level of the iPod Nano.

I've never been accused of being dainty and tender. :D

I'd love to see more colors come out. I could rock a purple iPhone..

Traded a 9930 for my 4S and... Best thing I have ever done.

I like all platforms, but this one is simple and it WORKS

After the outage last year when I was left with a Storm2 paperweight, that pushed me over the edge. Welcome to the iSide. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2