When is the right time to sell, sell, sell?

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I need the highest price I can get for my iPhone 4 and 4S. The new iPhone is coming out and I want the money from this to go towards it. So what do the phones go for, how do you do it?

Because a new iPhone at a discount is just irresistible. :p

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
For You? NOW! From your posts on here, it sounds like you don't like iOS or just ain't happy with it, so why get another iPhone when the OS is just going to be the same. Your profits from selling both iPhones might be better invested in moving on to another OS that will better meet your needs.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Anytime between now and when Apple announces a press conference in the fall. Once the press conference date is announced ebay etc will be flooded with people trying to unload. Best prices are probably right now.

Reactions: BreakingKayfabe

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I'll go to Craigslist and see what the phones will go for.

The iPhone 4, I'll do $350

The iPhone 4S, I'll do $380 but I want $400

It's always good to sell early so I have the money before the new iPhone release becomes imminent publicly. I could get an iPod touch to hold me over until then.

Being one of the first people with the new iPhone is important, and I usually buy the unlocked version, which is way more expensive.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
For You? NOW! From your posts on here, it sounds like you don't like iOS or just ain't happy with it, so why get another iPhone when the OS is just going to be the same. Your profits from selling both iPhones might be better invested in moving on to another OS that will better meet your needs. [URL=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/2c.gif]Click to view quoted image
[/url]

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

I agree with this.. some of these posts border on troll-ish.. glad there is an "ignore" option on these forums...

To answer the OPs question- sell NOW and move on to Android or BB... ;)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree with this.. some of these posts border on troll-ish.. glad there is an "ignore" option on these forums...

To answer the OPs question- sell NOW and move on to Android or BB... ;)

Yeah, I gotta laugh at threads like this one. In a previous thread he posts that he is not going to upgrade to iOS 6 over a Map issue, and in this one he is looking to sell his iPhone so he can upgrade to the new one. I guess he thinks the new one won't come with iOS 6 installed out of the box, lmao. :D http://forums.imore.com/ios-6-forum/235993-im-not-upgrading-ios6-all.html

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I need the highest price I can get for my iPhone 4 and 4S. The new iPhone is coming out and I want the money from this to go towards it. So what do the phones go for, how do you do it?

Because a new iPhone at a discount is just irresistible. :p

After LOL with Irish Rose's comment.... I also have an iphone 4 and 4s to sell before the end of September, I plan on selling them just a few days before the new phone announcement.. I wouldn't sell now and stay three months disconnected , eventhough it could be a good therapy.. =)

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone ever gotten caught up and not sold their older iPhone because they were still using it right up until launch day?

I wonder what the price would be like then. :eek:

I think it might still be high.. :)

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone ever gotten caught up and not sold their older iPhone because they were still using it right up until launch day?

I wonder what the price would be like then. :eek:

I think it might still be high.. :)

The prices will go down after the new phone is announced and released, for the 4s I'd say anything from 50-100 dollars less..

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Anytime between now and when Apple announces a press conference in the fall. Once the press conference date is announced ebay etc will be flooded with people trying to unload. Best prices are probably right now.

This^^^^^

This is the advantage that us enthusiasts have. We're in the know and can pretty much anticipate a
timetable for when the next gen phone is out.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Everyone is correct. Anytime between now and PRIOR to when Apple announces the next iPhone. Because eBay and Craigslist will be flooded once that happens.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Even if you wait till launch day and do like what I'm going to list it on eBay it will cover my cost of my new phone At least

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

coolqf

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'll go to Craigslist and see what the phones will go for.

The iPhone 4, I'll do $350

The iPhone 4S, I'll do $380 but I want $400

It's always good to sell early so I have the money before the new iPhone release becomes imminent publicly. I could get an iPod touch to hold me over until then.

Being one of the first people with the new iPhone is important, and I usually buy the unlocked version, which is way more expensive.

With any finances, there are some assumptions.

Sell now scenario:
-$650 (iphone 5)
+$400 (iphone 4S)
$250 (cost to you)
Take into account the price of buying/selling the iPod and the cost goes up

Sell when the iPhone 5 is released
-$650 (iPhone 5)
+$350(iPhone 4S) (using existing value of iPhone 4)
$300 (cost to you)
This doesn't take into account the cost of the iPod.

Up to a $50 difference for a phone that's coming in 3-4months...

Switch OSes, it always takes several months for apps to adjust to new phones, so the initial release will mostly give you bragging rights.

I own an iPhone 4 and my partner an iPhone 4S... They truly feel identical when using them. The iPhone 4 battery lasts longer.... No clue why, but not a big deal.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
With any finances, there are some assumptions.

Sell now scenario:
-$650 (iphone 5)
+$400 (iphone 4S)
$250 (cost to you)
Take into account the price of buying/selling the iPod and the cost goes up

Sell when the iPhone 5 is released
-$650 (iPhone 5)
+$350(iPhone 4S) (using existing value of iPhone 4)
$300 (cost to you)
This doesn't take into account the cost of the iPod.

Up to a $50 difference for a phone that's coming in 3-4months...

Switch OSes, it always takes several months for apps to adjust to new phones, so the initial release will mostly give you bragging rights.

I own an iPhone 4 and my partner an iPhone 4S... They truly feel identical when using them. The iPhone 4 battery lasts longer.... No clue why, but not a big deal.

The selling has begun! 12 people already. It's so easy. I may want to sell my iPhone a little later though, I'd hate to give it up. I think I might wait just a little bit longer until the invitations are handed out. That way I'm not left without.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2