iPhone 4s factory unlock

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Not on Verizon or Sprint. They will only allow iPhones that they or Apple sold directly to the customer on their networks.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yup what ^^ he said CDMA carriers will not let you add a esn to their network

Depending where you live I know of some carriers here that do allow adding the esn .. And flash the phone .. Like cricket or metro

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

iphone-5

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes I can flash the esn to my local carrier but how do I switch the network

From gsm to Cdma
???iPhone 4???
✿ver 5.01~Black 32Gig✿

yamsie

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
That's impossible to do, as CDMA and GSM are two completely different technologies. There's no way a factory unlocked (GSM) phone can support CDMA as it's not physically built for the network.

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
That's impossible to do, as CDMA and GSM are two completely different technologies. There's no way a factory unlocked (GSM) phone can support CDMA as it's not physically built for the network.

Yes it is. The iPhone 4S has the same insides for both Verizon/Sprint as it does for any GSM/UMTS carrier. Both Verizon and Sprint iPhone 4S can be unlocked to use a micro SIM. The issue though, is they won't unlock it for use on domestic networks, only international.

As to the original question, You can use Cricket and I believe they'll flash your iPhone for you. Verizon and Sprint both will only allow iPhones sold by them on their network. Although I have an unlocked iPhone 4S, it will never work on either Verizon or Sprint, not because it's technologically impossible, but because both carriers are restricting the devices allowed on their networks.

ross778

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
If the CDMA phone is a world phone (it has a sim card), the phone's GSM can be unlocked by the carrier and used on GSM networks. Sprints phones, except the iPhone is unlocked by default. You have to call sprint to unlock the iPhone and they will only do it if account is in good standing.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My 4s is Verizon and only unlocked for international gsm .. Like stated yes by theory the phone it self is capable to use gsm carriers abs CDMA carriers but the carriers but restrictions so this doesn't happen

CDMA carriers block esn not sold by them and will unlock the gsm slot only for international sims

Gsm carriers can unlock the phone for any gsm carrier but because the phone was not sold by a CDMA carrier that phones esn can not be used on a CDMA carrier

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox