Printing from your 4S

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's the same with my Epson NX430. I didn't have to install a print app on my iPhone 4S or my iPad 2. As soon as I keyed in the wireless network key via the front panel of the printer, both devices detected it and I was able to print without problems. I love it.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

FendrGuitPlayr

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It's the same with my Epson NX430. I didn't have install a print app on my iPhone 4S or my iPad 2. As soon as I keyed in the wireless network key via the front panel of the printer, both devices detected it and I was able to print without problems. I love it.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

We've been liking our Epson NX430 for those same reasons! :)

Reactions: Just_Me_D

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
App Store - PrintCentral Pro for iPhone/iPod Touch

With that, one can install a utility app on a windows pc - this app connects to the utility on the pc and allows you to print from the iOS device to any printer set-up to print from the pc.

This is a pain tho. You have to have your computer on and use it to pass through the print jobs. Airprint is so much simpler and easier. There are Airprint apps that allow you to print from anywhere to your home printer. Like e-Print.

I have the HP Photosmart Premium C310.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
This is a pain tho. You have to have your computer on and use it to pass through the print jobs. Airprint is so much simpler and easier. There are Airprint apps that allow you to print from anywhere to your home printer. Like e-Print.

I have the HP Photosmart Premium C310.

An app is less expensive than a new printer... :D

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a Canon wifi printer that isn't compatible with ios, so I just use the Printer Pro app and it works perfectly. Don't need to have my computer on.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a Canon wifi printer that isn't compatible with ios, so I just use the Printer Pro app and it works perfectly. Don't need to have my computer on.

May have to check that out. My Lexmark Pinnacle Pro901 at work wont support AirPrint... is this an AppStore app or other?

fbrcpa

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I bought an HP Officejet 8600. It works great with the iPhone. Fast and prints on both sides of the paper if you so desire.

zwoof

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Airprint is great. My printer came from Apple so I knew it would be plug and play;. Definitely a great feature.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Have to agree on airprint being cool... Staples had a deal ($59.99) on the Canon PIXMA MG4120 - scanner/printer with airprint... it just works. And with Canon's iEPP iOS app - you can use the device's scanner and save a scanned doc or photo on your iPhone or iPad.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I bought a HP Photosmart D110 last fall for $59 at best buy works great with iPhone 4s and iPad2. With HP Print Center you can create a email address for the printer so whatever is sent to the address prints.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2