Youngest person you've seen with an iPhone?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i was at the mall over the weekend and ran into a friend. after talking to her for a few minutes i noticed her son had a white iPhone (turned out to be a 4S) he was playing a game on it so i assumed his mother gave her phone to him to keep him occupied..

then it rang, he answered and had a quite lengthy conversation on it. before we parted our ways i had to ask who's phone that was, it was his and he is only 11 years old! they asked if i could help setup his gmail account and contacts too!

times have sure changed over the years, crazy

Reactions: CH1N087

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Times have indeed changed! In Orlando, it is not uncommon to see elementary school age kids with iPhones & other smartphones and as I stated in another thread, I was 27 years old when I purchased my first mobile phone at the end of 1988 or early 1989. Now, everyone in my household has a mobile phone except my youngest child.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My 18 month old but she just likes to push buttons and it's not hers lol over my dead body before any of my kids have cell phones that young

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
The youngest person I've seen is about maybe 12-13. Even babies know how to use iPhones. The earliest I would give them one, (well, by that time technology will be insanely good) probably 8 or 9.

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My sisters son has his own iPhone and he is 8. His brother is 3 and has one but he uses it as a iTouch so know calls.

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk ;).

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
youngest person you've seen with an iPhone?

My brother is 8 and my godsister is 9 and they both have iPhones. If they already have a phone line, I don't see the point in them having a phone and a iPod to keep up with. So both in one, rugged case thrown on it and we have a winner.

If they're responsible enough, and smart enough to have one, I don't see why they shouldn't.

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
In my area, you'll see kids as young as 4th grade walking around with most commonly, iPhones - 2nd most androids and 3rd, (not many) blackberries.

My 1st child had a basic cell ph in 4th grade, but not a smart phone. In our house hold, if you have a job for yourself and can pay your data portion of owning that smartphone, then you can have one. If not, then tough cookies until you can. My husband & I look to teach each one of our kids responsibility of owning electronics, in this case, being able to pay your data plan:) We don't just "hand our kids" things and say here ya go have fun. Do all of my kids have cell phones - yes. Do they all have smartphones - no. Only the ones that work support their data portion of it. The other 2 have a basic texting cell phone that my husband & i pay for so that they can keep in touch with us when they are out with their friends.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i know some parents who in fact DO pay for everything regarding their children's devices/accessories/plans but there is a unspoken deal. continue to do well in school and you will continue to keep your Phone lol

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
i know some parents who in fact DO pay for everything regarding their children's devices/accessories/plans but there is a unspoken deal. continue to do well in school and you will continue to keep your Phone lol

This is exactly how I was raised and I think I turned out alright ;).

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk ;).

Moneymiike420

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
My buddy got his 3 year old son an iPad 2 for Christmas and got himself an iPad 3 but this day and age more and more 10 year olds seem to be getting iPhones from mommy and daddy i got my first phone senior year of high school those days are longgggg gone 😱

*book

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
My cousin gave her 9 year old grandson her iPhone 3G when she upgraded to the 4S and added him to her plan with AT&T. She also gave him a 2nd gen iPad this past Christmas. A bit much, methinks.

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
my wife and I have iPhone 4s. So i let my 3 and 4 year old use/play with the motorola photon and nexus s 4g for games and things. They will have iphones in a few years. Havent decided what age is "responsible" enough lol.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
In my area, you'll see kids as young as 4th grade walking around with most commonly, iPhones - 2nd most androids and 3rd, (not many) blackberries.

My 1st child had a basic cell ph in 4th grade, but not a smart phone. In our house hold, if you have a job for yourself and can pay your data portion of owning that smartphone, then you can have one. If not, then tough cookies until you can. My husband & I look to teach each one of our kids responsibility of owning electronics, in this case, being able to pay your data plan:) We don't just "hand our kids" things and say here ya go have fun. Do all of my kids have cell phones - yes. Do they all have smartphones - no. Only the ones that work support their data portion of it. The other 2 have a basic texting cell phone that my husband & i pay for so that they can keep in touch with us when they are out with their friends.

It is sort of like this in my house, only I keep my kids on PrePaid. I had a PP data plan on my daughters 3GS for a while but have since stopped it in favor of her using WiFi where available instead. My son will soon have the 3GS when I give my daughter my old iPhone 4. He'll have WiFi data only on it too as I will not be spending any more money on those high PP data rates.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Truthfully, these Apptivity cases from Fisherprice have been hot sellers. You could buy a baby an iPhone I see them using them all the time.

W6085-laugh-and-learn-apptivity-case-d-4.jpg

And who knows, maybe they'll develop such a simple app that it allows infants to play with it straight out of the womb.

Lodingi

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Haha. Great thread. My youngest daughter is 11. She doesn't have an iPhone, but she does have an Incredible 2. She enjoys all the perks the rest of the family enjoys. Unlimited text & data. Of course she is monitored & supervised. I use the parental controls on my Verizon account to limit her to PG content. She is a straight A+ student who is also enrolled in various gifted & enrichment programs. So long as she maintains her grades, she has access to her phone.

I am pretty sure she will grab my 4s as soon as I upgrade to the 5. She's a SIRI junkie. FYI, I was in my 40's when I purchased my first smartphone.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
i was at the mall over the weekend and ran into a friend. after talking to her for a few minutes i noticed her son had a white iPhone (turned out to be a 4S) he was playing a game on it so i assumed his mother gave her phone to him to keep him occupied..

then it rang, he answered and had a quite lengthy conversation on it. before we parted our ways i had to ask who's phone that was, it was his and he is only 11 years old! they asked if i could help setup his gmail account and contacts too!

times have sure changed over the years, crazy

I see all manner of elementary school children walking home from school in my neighborhood with iPhones and Android devices.

It's not fair! My mommy didn't let me get a cell phone until I was nearly 17.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711