Texting issue

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
If I type out a text message and send it, it shows up as a text on the recipient's phone. But if I copy and paste something like a bible verse and text it, the recipient has to download it. Is that the way it is, or do I have a setting wrong? BTW, I tried on stock messaging and GroupText with same results.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If I type out a text message and send it, it shows up as a text on the recipient's phone.
Okay that is normal
But if I copy and paste something like a bible verse and text it, the recipient has to download it. Is that the way it is, or do I have a setting wrong?
Not unless what you are copying and pasting is somehow being detected as a photo. If it is just text, it should be as if you typed it.
BTW, I tried on stock messaging and GroupText with same results.
I copy and paste all the time and vice versa and I don't recall ever having to *download*, non-technically speaking, the message. Hopefully, someone can chime in on this.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Is it through one of the Bible apps or a verse online? If it's out of an app, then it might be thinking it is a picture. That's all I can figure out. I've never had that issue. If you get a chance, keep trying and get back to us with a little more info and we'll see if we can figure it out for you. Good luck! And good luck hunting down the scammer we both dealt with on Android Central!!

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Where exactly is the bible verse coming from? Is it online, an app or something you've typed (in another app - such as notepad) and copied into a message?