iOS 5.1.1 battery on 4s thoughts

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
After finally being able to upgrade and jailbreak iOS 5.1.1. I must say that apple has finally fixed the battery standby drainage. With this version of ios, my standby have greatly increased. I'm not sure if usage have improved much but having a great standby time will results in slight increase in usage time. Before the update, I would be lucky if my phone lasted more than 12 hours without having to charge with my normal heavy usage.

View attachment 16205

Are you guys experiencing the same results? Keep in mind my phone is heavily loaded with jailbreak apps/themes and this stats is a result of heavy normal usage not iPod playback. Screen brightness at 60%.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i completely agree that Apple finally got it right. what i find odd is that there was no mention of it in the release notes

AND if Apple holds true the next version should mess it all up lol !

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Of course iOS 5.0 beta 5 was still the best in battery life for me. 6:10 is what I get in usage time with 5.1.1 where beta 5 would reach 7 hours. Oh well.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Yea I hope they don't screw it up, but I imagine there should only be one more release prior to ios 6.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I am getting around 7 hrs of heavy usage daily on mine. I am quite impressed so far. No internet streaming though this helps battery life as well. Plus I don't keep brightness all that high either.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like the others, my battery life has been sufficient for my usage, but it has been that way since I purchased my 4S with maybe a minor improvement overall.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I am getting around 7 hrs of heavy usage daily on mine. I am quite impressed so far. No internet streaming though this helps battery life as well. Plus I don't keep brightness all that high either.

I don't either. I keep mine about 50%. Anything more just hurts my eyes.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I use the Sirius app at work since our IS blocked the online player and I can go until after lunch until I have to charge it. Occasional phone calls and a lot of text during that time as well. I see no battery difference now even pre-5.1.1 and pre-JB.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I get over 5.5 hours of heavy use and 12 - 14 standby hours if I'm on my 4S most of the day. If I don't use it as much during the day because I'm on my iPad I can usually go 24 hours on a charge. iOS 5.1.1 is not as good as it was running 5.0.1.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I finally decided to upgrade to 5.1.1 the other day, and I was wondering why my battery was dying so quickly. I'm seeing this is why, considering I had no problem on 5.0.1.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I get over 5.5 hours of heavy use and 12 - 14 standby hours if I'm on my 4S most of the day. If I don't use it as much during the day because I'm on my iPad I can usually go 24 hours on a charge. iOS 5.1.1 is not as good as it was running 5.0.1.

I finally decided to upgrade to 5.1.1 the other day, and I was wondering why my battery was dying so quickly. I'm seeing this is why, considering I had no problem on 5.0.1.

I'm sorry to hear you both have seen a decline in battery life on 5.1.1. I've been holding onto 5.0.1 because my batt life has been good and i've seen alot of people (not just here on imore) complaining that on 5.1.1 their battery life is not as good.

this is why i wont feel pressured into upgrading, and trust me, looking at the "1" tag on my settings icon is bugging the ish outta me!!!

Edit: also, I did decide to update my iPad a couple wks ago to 5.1.1 and I can say my battery life hasn't been as good as it was when I was still on 4.3 (? I think it was). I have to charge it pretty much everyday now, whereas prior to I could go almost a full 2 days.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

you are not doing it right.

you are not doing it right.

I'm sorry to hear you both have seen a decline in battery life on 5.1.1. I've been holding onto 5.0.1 because my batt life has been good and i've seen alot of people (not just here on imore) complaining that on 5.1.1 their battery life is not as good.

this is why i wont feel pressured into upgrading, and trust me, looking at the "1" tag on my settings icon is bugging the ish outta me!!!

Edit: also, I did decide to update my iPad a couple wks ago to 5.1.1 and I can say my battery life hasn't been as good as it was when I was still on 4.3 (? I think it was). I have to charge it pretty much everyday now, whereas prior to I could go almost a full 2 days.

stop it. go ahead and update, everyone else is doing it :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro