iOS 5.1.1 battery on 4s thoughts

LaDon08

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
11 days later and I've still yet to go in to look at usage/standby times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I applaud you for not obsessing like I definitely do. I do however find it a little humorous that you are keeping track of the time....since you have kept track of the time....that your battery would last.

But seriously, I just in jail broke and put my mophie on in an attempt to just not worry about battery. Congrats man.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I never understood how there could be a such thing as a "battery glitch" that could be solved in an update. If anything an update might save you battery life, maybe. But you can't control a battery with software.

You just got bad battery life.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
But you can't control a battery with software.
It is software that represents the state of charge or discharge... it is software that interacts with other components to decide to charge or not to charge , and how fast in some instances. You, motoleo, know not of what you speak.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
It is software that represents the state of charge or discharge... it is software that interacts with other components to decide to charge or not to charge , and how fast in some instances.

WhatI I was saying was that you can't use software to fix a bad battery. If the software isn't representing the correct battery levels or is draining the battery, that's a software problem.

Last edited:

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
My next thing, and I know this is unpopular, is turning off the battery percentage.

The thing notifies me when i need to start considering charging at 20% so I'm going to give it a try. :D

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
You're doing great Pink!! :D
:)thanks, and you are as well;)

My next thing, and I know this is unpopular, is turning off the battery percentage.

The thing notifies me when i need to start considering charging at 20% so I'm going to give it a try. :D

:eek: i've already tried this a couple mths back. It lasted for maybe 2 days. I just couldnt get past that one lol. BUT I wish you the best of luck conquering this one too!! I'll make ya a deal, if you last for at least 5 days, i'll give it a shot again as well:)

He11, we are our own support here LOL

:pthis is craziness i tell ya! LOL

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
:)thanks, and you are as well;)

I'll make ya a deal, if you last for at least 5 days, i'll give it a shot again as well:)

He11, we are our own support here LOL

:pthis is craziness i tell ya! LOL

Deal!! Lol

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Once it drops below 95% (when the graphical battery drops from full) is when the urge to turn on the percentage kicks in.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Doing well thus far. Turned off the percentage late Saturday evening and it hadn't been on since. I think I'm gonna make that 5 days easy Pink!!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Doing well thus far. Turned off the percentage late Saturday evening and it hadn't been on since. I think I'm gonna make that 5 days easy Pink!!

:D good for you mistah m!! I'm actually gonna call your bluff & turn mine off today as well - we can go through withdrawals together lmao! :D

edit: just flipped that switch to OFF :eek: it looks strange lol

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
:D good for you mistah m!! I'm actually gonna call your bluff & turn mine off today as well - we can go through withdrawals together lmao! :D

edit: just flipped that switch to OFF :eek: it looks strange lol

Woooooow... I wonder who will cave first

Redbird1

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey gang,

I'm on my 3rd iPhone. It seems to me that after 6 months with each device, (one 4 and two 4S's. Lost the 2nd 4S) the battery started to drain significantly faster. Has anyone else noticed this?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Hey gang,

I'm on my 3rd iPhone. It seems to me that after 6 months with each device, (one 4 and two 4S's. Lost the 2nd 4S) the battery started to drain significantly faster. Has anyone else noticed this?

it seems to me, after time, everyone should do a little "spring cleaning" every few months. get rid of apps you do not use or take a closer look at the ones you do use. also, if you do not mind losing some info you can do a Restore as New iPhone and reset back to factory settings

sometimes just doing a Reset All Settings helps too [Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings] this combined with a battery cycle or two has helped me

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox