Iphone 4s now or wait for 5???

newmomto1

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
I am brand new here.
I have an HTC Evo that I have had for almost 2 years now.
I am TOTALLY ready to ditch it for an iphone....having tons of problems with it.
My dilemma....
Get the 4s now or hold out for the 5????
My kids have itouches and husband has the 4s...so if I get the 4s all our chargers, etc would be compatable.
BUT...I like the idea of the bigger screen that the 5 is supposed to have.
Just not sure what to do.....
Any opinions?????

SimonSage

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
It depends how long you're willing to hold out. We're expecting the iPhone 5 to land in the fall. If you can wait 4 - 6 months, I'd say it would be worth it.

redrocket38

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I considered waiting myself but broke down and bought the 4S off contract. I figure I can easily sell it when the next generation comes out and that will cover my upgrade cost for the new phone.

PhoneAddict

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I have seen that the next version of the iPhone is to have a 3.999" screen. If your needs are for a larger than 4" screen the choice of iPhone or another Android device is pretty clear, as is the choice between the current 4S and the next generation iPhone as the 4S has the 3.5" screen version.

Myself I am happy with the footprint of the current iPhone and would most likely go for the 4S, but everyone's needs are different.

Snipperdo17

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
We are about 4 and half months or so (most likely) from the i5 release, so in my opinion you should wait. I don't know the severity of the evo problems but once we are under 6 months away from a new phone release, I suggest waiting. If the evo is having trouble though, you can't go wrong with the 4s.

Hogosha

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
IMO, waiting is just going to make you more antsy. At least it does for me. Get the 4S now, ditch the EVO. If you like the 4S and have to buy the 5 when it does come out (like the rest of us will do) then just sell your 4S to cover the cost of the upgrade/new contract price of the 5. You won't be disappointed.

anbusig.jpg

zstairlessone

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Well wait - then remember the iPhone 6 will be out in just another year or so so wait for that instead of getting the 5 - oh it won't be long before the 6s will be out...

I would get a 4s now and if you want a bigger screen either get the much rumored mini iPad in the fall (if it shows up) or just get a full sized iPad2 or the new iPad now. Remember that one of the great things about the 4 and 4s is the smaller size - and they do have great screens on them.

In the end it's your call - are you willing to wait on what may be out in November and live without a solution until then or not.

Snipperdo17

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Well wait - then remember the iPhone 6 will be out in just another year or so so wait for that instead of getting the 5 - oh it won't be long before the 6s will be out...

I would get a 4s now and if you want a bigger screen either get the much rumored mini iPad in the fall (if it shows up) or just get a full sized iPad2 or the new iPad now. Remember that one of the great things about the 4 and 4s is the smaller size - and they do have great screens on them.

In the end it's your call - are you willing to wait on what may be out in November and live without a solution until then or not.

That's assuming the OP has extra money to spend, and also wants a tablet. They may have money for one purchase. You can find an iPhone 4 8GB on Sprint for around $250 right now so if you are tight on money and need a phone, you can do that and just sell it to cover the i5's cost when it comes out.

wamphryi

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Just switched from an android phone saturday....dont regret it at all. And the smaller screen was a concn of mine, but its sooo much better it doesnt even feel smaller.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711