Do you keep your Apple product boxes and packaging?

What do you do with your Apple product box?

• Keep it

Votes: 90 96.8%
  • Throw it away

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
takes up space. i throw away the packaging, stickers, all that junk. I don't want to become a hoarder in 20 years. all i keep is the receipt

iSmileyFace

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
takes up space. i throw away the packaging, stickers, all that junk. I don't want to become a hoarder in 20 years. all i keep is the receipt

I agree. I may have the box floating around somewhere, but for the most part I throw everything away just cuz it clutters everything and is useless since I'm not really looking into selling anything.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine are actually on display in my office, and one iPad box is used as a monitor stand to kick it up about 2".

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
smart people keep the packaging

Heck yes, I have all original boxes, packaging and receipts with duplicates for both mac pro's. In addition to that, I have always kept all original packaging/receipts for any phone I have purchased (as it's great if you need to exchange or ebay it).

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I keep it. I sell my phone every year to get the new one pretty much for free (even if I'm not eligible for an upgrade). Winning.

PhoneAddict

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I usually keep all packaging for electronics except TV's, just always have in case I need to return, move it especially with audio equipment or sell as has happened numerous times with upgrading phones, iPad, etc. Without coming across too much as a Apple fan it is easy to keep the Apple packaging as it is designed so well with a minimum footprint with maximum protection.

Hogosha

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I keep all the boxes, product packaging, accessories, and receipts for all the Apple products I own or anything else electronic I think is important (mostly everything that is important). Why? Because it makes it much easier to return (if needed) or pack up (if needed).

Scenario: Your PS3 breaks or XBOX360 gets "red rings of death". You call for warranty confirmation from Microsoft or Sony/Best Buy (if you use them for Geek Squad, etc) you pack it up nice and neat (because perception and presentation play a large part in reality - think about that one) and take it to the store for a return/exchange. It takes an extra couple of minutes both at your house and at the store to get a look at everything but it's worth it. The reps say "Looks like you took care of everything." "Man, you're PS3 is in great shape, what happened? Doesn't look like it was damaged." Things like this make your version of what happened more believable (not that it wouldn't be true) and a manufacturer's defect or whatever. Compared to the person that just lugs in all their crap haphazardly, wires falling all over the place, nasty dirty piece of equipment, lays it on the countertop and says: "This is broken, I want a return/exchange." They don't have anything with them, not even the receipt. Pain in the ass for the store, pain in the ass for you.

I've seen it happen and it's ridiculous. Anyway...

anbusig.jpg

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
not only do i keep all of my Apple packaging but i do it with everything else in my fricking life!

i really need to see someone about that..

Half my basement is filled with boxes. Fortunately I use them slowly as packaging for christmas presents.

SterkOks

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I still have my iPhone box, the only reason I got rid of my iPod 4 box was that it was sitting on my bedroom floor and somehow got cracked several dozen times, so it wasn't worth keeping it... Besides I no longer have the iPod :) I generally keep them, they are beautiful.

zstairlessone

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
two iPhones, an iPad, the smart cover - yep and all the receipts. I don't keep for anything I no longer own and don't keep packaging for other stuff - so what does that mean?? :confused:

zwoof

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I keep all my apple boxes. They're well designed to hold their products. I store my macbook in my box because it fit in there so well as all the apple products. The only box I don't have is the one from my 8 yr old ipod.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I keep all of my boxes because I tell my self I'm going to sell it when the next gen comes out. Yeah... I've never done that. They are still too useful to have around for me to sell.
I do not sell them but I do give them away. Part of the pleasure of getting an Apple product is the cool packaging.