Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default App Store Icon

Help! I can't find my App Store icon. Any ideas about recovering it?
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    iOS Version

What deice are you using? What do you mean you mean by how to recover it? There is no way to delete the icon, it should be a blue icon won the main home screen that says app store.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Newbie

I have the iPhone 4S, not jailbroken. I didn't think there was ANY way to do delete it, but it no longer is on my phone. Also, when a hook my phone up to my computer, I am unable to re-arrange my icons. Just sort of grayed out. I might add my 3 year old granddaughter had my phone, but I don't think she could have done this.

I realize that in the realm of problems, these are very small, but they are annoying and confusing!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

sounds like somehow-someway your granddaughter was able to turn your restrictions to OFF for your app store app

check here: Settings > General > Restrictions > (here's where it gets confusing because you have to enter a password) > Installing Apps > ON
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS 6.0

If Blink's answer does not work you can of course go into Settings / General / Reset / Rest Home Screen Layout, but you will lose ALL your folders (not apps).
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Newbie

Thanks, guys! Apparently the 3 year old did do the deed. Now everything is password locked. I anticipate her figuring that out fairly soon. She's awfully good at working no only my phone, but her parents' Android phones.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

so you resolved it? curious what exactly happened..