Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default New Unlocked iPhone 4s with tmobile questions

Hi All,

I finally decided to jump into the Apple universe (so a total newbie) by purchasing the iphone 4s unlocked directly from Apple.

Tmobile is my provider and after doing a cost analysis, I found it financially more logical to stay with Tmobile and purchase an unlocked phone than going with AT&T. But having some issues, so here it goes and any help is appreciated over the next few days until the return policy at Apple expires . . . :-)

1) I travel alot - every time on my blackberry, the time zone would change as soon as I opened up my phone upon landing and it was ask me to confirm. With iphone, it still displays the time zone of the original place I left from . . . it takes a good 30 mins or so to change the time to where I have landed. Is this usual or is it a tmobile thing? This is despite setting timezone to automatic under settings.

2) I took a picture of a colleague and assigned to her contact. When I look for her name under my Contact book, I see her picture there. But when she rings me, her picture does not pop up?

3) My emails dont seem to refresh right away. When I check my emails, I see new emails, but when I check the phone, I dont see any notifications until I actually go into my inbox and then it says checking for emails and downloads them.

Please help anyone if you have solutions or know what I need to do if its a setting issue. I usually set my phone to WIFI mode as well as carrier mode when I have WIFI access to get faster speed and still my emails dont refresh right away.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Best,
    EOMLIGUTW
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,819 Global Posts

My theory is that since T-Mobile isn't officially supported, there may be some glitches. For example, I know MMS is glitchy.

What email service you have ? Is it set as fetch or push or does it support push ? iPhone email is not like bb email

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Peligro911 View Post
    What email service you have ? Is it set as fetch or push or does it support push ? iPhone email is not like bb email

I use Yahoo and Gmail as my email services. And went through the normal sync procedures to get my emails synced - they set that up for me at the Apple store

Set your gmail up as exchange not the normal gmail option this will give you push .. Leave domain blank .. Input all info .. Server is m.google.com

I think yahoo only does fetch though

As for contacts her pic might pop up but only tiny in right corner .. That is prob cuz your contacts are synced using gmail .. If you sync them with iCloud or just have them locally on phone they will appear full screen ... As for your time zone thing I would assume that's a tmobile delay vs the phone cuz the phone gets the time from tmobile ... Next time you land try turning airplane mode on then off it will reconnect with the network possibly updating the time faster