iPhone Contact picture

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if this goes under iPhone 4S (which is what I have), iCloud, or Mac....but here it is. I personally like my contacts to have a picture when possible. Whenever someone calls, it shows their picture at the top right corner. These are previous contacts from awhile ago. Now as I add new contact pictures, and I don't know how long this has been going on, it now puts new pictures of new contacts full screen. I HATE that. It's ugly. I tried adding the picture via the iPhone, full screen...so I deleted it. I then did it from the address book on my mac, same thing. I did it from the iCloud website, same thing. So did they take away the ability to add a picture in the top right corner and it has to be full screen now or am I doing it wrong? I can't stand full screen pics, it just doesn't look professional and clean.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It's a iCloud contact thing .. When my contacts were gmail the would be small top right corner it changed when I converted to iCloud

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ever since i've had my 4S (nov 2011) there are a few contacts that i assigned profile pics to and they have always been full view when an incoming call comes. It's never been in just the top right corner.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like Pink, my photos have always been full screen on my iPhone 4S since the day I purchased it in October so I don't know what to tell you, my friend.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If you store your contacts locally or iCloud it is full screen if they are sync like with gmail you will get the smaller pic

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
iCloud... it's all about the pictures - too bad Apple couldn't make it optional so folks could choose a thumbnail or full screen... oh wait, that's too obvious. :D

sadievan

May 13, 2012
Visit site
It's not just an iCloud thing. Mine has always had the full screen picture and I've had my iPhone for a few years. Just added iCloud last week. My contacts were stored on my phone.

Carol

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Ya know what's really funny? There are probably 30 threads asking how to make that contact photo full screen during a call and complaining about only getting the postage stamp size pic. This thread is unique.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I actually want mine to be fullscreen and can't seem to figure it out. I have it synced with Gmail and with iCloud, but for some reason I can only get 3 contacts to sync to iCloud.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I've been redoing all mine and setting them from my phone or iPad and they're now all showing full screen.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I actually want mine to be fullscreen and can't seem to figure it out. I have it synced with Gmail and with iCloud, but for some reason I can only get 3 contacts to sync to iCloud.

To move from gmail to iCloud

Turn off contacts on your phone for both

Hook phone to iTunes and sync contact from gmail using iTunes option

After it syncs uncheck the gmail sync in iTunes

Click leave contacts on phone

Then sync

Now unplug phone go to settings and turn on iCloud contacts leave gmail off

All your contacts will go to iCloud

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wildo6882

mcscrufff

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I have done many experiments and found that there are a greater number of subtleties in setting small-size or full-screen phonecall alert photos on the iPhone. See my notes below and choose the ones relevant to you.

NOTES:
Mon, 26-Nov-2012 9:38am
-----------------------
I wanted **LARGE* phonecall alert contact photos when receiving phonecalls on my iPhone. Some tips on how to achieve this ...

.The contact photo size must be greater than or equal to 320x320Px for display in FULL-SCREEN size in the iPhone call alert. To achieve phonecall alert photos, lower resolution contact photos can be re-sized to 320x320px (or greater) by a photo editor (e.g. Microsoft Office photo editor). Alternatively, to achieve small-size alert photos, higher resolution contact photos can be re-sized to less than 320x320px by a photo editor.

.iCloud automatically crops contact photos to square (aspect ratio 1:1). Sometimes this cropping produces undesired results. To ensure desired results, crop the photo to square **BEFORE** uploading to iCloud.

.The large-size iPhone alert images use the contact photo with both **SIDES** significantly cropped to match the iPhone display aspect ratio (4:3 for iPhone 4/4S and 16:9 for iPhone 5). To avoid undesired cropping of a face or other image, allow plenty of space to the left & right of the required image in the contact photo.

.If the contact photo is input in Outlook, the size is reduced to below 320x320 during the upload from Outlook to iCloud resulting in the iPhone phonecall alert photo being small. So, the photo must be entered in iCloud (or on the iPhone). Outlook contacts **TEXT** edits do not affect the iCloud photo size when they are uploaded during a refresh exercise.

.The Outlook 2010 ?Contact Cards? display (showing multiple contacts) doesn?t automatically update a contact photo when it is updated from iCloud. The **INDIVIDUAL** Outlook contact must be open when the iCloud contact is updated, then closed, then reopened to see the updated Outlook contact photo. If the Outlook 2010 ?Contact Cards? display (showing multiple contacts) is not updated, copy & paste the contact. The newly pasted Outlook 2010 contact should have the photo updated. Then delete the old Outlook 2010 contact.

.If a contact photo is edited in Adobe Photoshop, it seems to display on the iPhone in small format even when the size is greater than or equal to 320x320px. A solution is to open the photo in the Microsoft Office photo editor, resize it by 200%, save it, resize it by 50% (back to original size), then save it again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW