Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

14 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Question Upgraded to 5.1 now have phone issue

I upgrade to the new 5.1 when it came out. I am not jailbroken my IPhone is all stock.

After the upgrade now anytime my phone goes to sleep it disconnects from wifi and goes to 3G when I wake up the phone every time I have to go into settings, wifi, reconnect and type in my password.

What should I do to fix this ever since the upgrade it will not stay connected to wifi when it goes to sleep. As long as it is awake it stays on wifi but once it goes to sleep it drops the signal.

Is this a bug with the software or just my phone having issues?

That is not normal. I suggest you reset and reinstall iOS 5.1.1 as new via iTunes.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    iMore Genius

20,845 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,726 Global Posts

Before doing the full blown reinstall via iTunes, try going to Settings; general; reset and reset network settings - if that doesn't do the trick, then go with the full restore as new in iTunes.
    iMore Beginner

57 Posts
    Global Posts
    845 Global Posts

when i put mine down the wifi sing is lite up,and when i pick it up after a couple minutes it says its in 3G only for a second or two then the wifi logo will lite up. maybe they all do this while the phone is in sleep mode?
    not sure if it was like this before i did the update or not!
    iMore Intermediate

304 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,609 Global Posts

From what i have read in the past when it goes to sleep it will drop the wifi signal, but moments after you wake it up it should reconnect to wifi. i would reset network settings if that does not work reinstall 5.1.1 and if you still have an issue take it to apple... if after that and you have a new device and you still have the issue it could be the router settings.
    iPhone Nanite

4 Posts

Think I may be in love with this.