iPhone won't let me type! Everything else works

hilol

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
My iphone, just now, wont let me type and it freezes whenever I go to messages. Everything else works, but I cant type in my messages. or tweets. but typing in my password works. I have restarted the phone numerous times and nothing's working. HELP!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you, by chance, have or still have your device connected to a Bluetooth keyboard?

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My iphone, just now, wont let me type and it freezes whenever I go to messages. Everything else works, but I cant type in my messages. or tweets. but typing in my password works. I have restarted the phone numerous times and nothing's working. HELP!

Okay. Let's start from scratch. How long has this been happening? Do you recall what you last installed or were doing with your device when you initially noticed the problem? You states that you've 'restarted' your device several times. Did you just turn it off and turn it back on? Are you jailbroken? When things go wrong with the I-device, I am quick to recommend that you backup your device via iCloud AND iTunes and then do a full erase and reset via iTunes and set your device up as new. Although it's an inconvenience, doing so almost always solve your problems.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

hilol

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
this JUST started happening about 30-40 minutes ago, has happened before but usually fixes when I hold down the homebutton/sleep awake button till it reboots and is fixed. I just updated to 5.1.1 lastnight, and everything was fine until today

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you update OTA? If so, redo the update via iTunes by following the directions in my previous reply.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods