iPhone 4S Crashing Constantly

kingspadess

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 4S running 5.0.1 Crashing Constantly.
Its Jailbroken. I did not install anything new from cydia recently.
It started crashing all of a sudden. After rebooting, it gets to the lock screen for a second and springboard crashes again.
Below is a link of my crash report. Couldn't post it here because of the character limit. If anyone can help me out and give me an idea as to what I can do to fix this issue I would appreciate it.
Thank you in advance.

"http://uploading.com/files/eae1de32/CrashLog.txt"

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It started crashing all of a sudden. After rebooting, it gets to the lock screen for a second and springboard crashes again.
Below is a link of my crash report. Couldn't post it here because of the character limit. If anyone can help me out and give me an idea as to what I can do to fix this issue I would appreciate it.
Thank you in advance.

The downside of jail breaking. I bet a restore solves it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not jailbroken and never have been so forgive me for my ignorance, but since you stated that it started crashing 'all of a sudden' and that you didn't install anything, is it possible that a network reset or a reset of your settings solve the issue without causing you to lose your jailbreak?

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not jailbroken and never have been so forgive me for my ignorance, but since you stated that it started crashing 'all of a sudden' and that you didn't install anything, is it possible that a network reset or a reset of your settings solve the issue without causing you to lose your jailbreak?

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

If its crashing instantly before he can even get in he can't perform any of those..

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If its crashing instantly before he can even get in he can't perform any of those..

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

True and he did state that it crashes at the lockscreen. Sorry about that.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you in advance.

I looked at your crash log.. but sorry, I don't really know how to read it. Wish I did.

If anyone can read the crash log, I'm sure somewhere in there it might give you a clue as to why it keeps crashing...

I had a similar issue with my phone. I had removed several themes using iFunBox. I essentially made a back up folder then copied the themes into that folder on my desktop to make a backup copy. Then, using iFunBox, I manually deleted several of these themes (instead of deleting them using Cydia).

This caused many problems in that my manually removing the files, I didn't remove some of the system files associated with the theme.. this resulted in an endless reboot/re-spring cycle that could only be fixed when i went into Cydia and removed the themes while in Cydia.

Not sure if you've removed any files using either SHH or iFile (on your phone).

I suggest you post this in the Jailbreak forum and perhaps someone who can actually read your crash report can offer you some better guidance...

best of luck...

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
if it is stuck in the random reboot, try just powering up by holding the power and home buttons together for 30 seconds. This WILL NOT defeat your jailbreak, but restoring certainly will. And you'll have to update to 5.1 and wait for the new jailbreak (probably months away). When you do this hard reset, be patient and let the phone run through its diagnostics and power back up. If you are back in the respring, I hate to say you'll most likely need to restore.
But, if you get in, go into Cydia and check all your downloaded and installed packages, and delete the ones you don't need (except the system ones). Cleaning house once in a while helps prevent issues with JB phones, especially when there are updates for them. Oh, also make sure you didn't install any APP STORE apps recently that require 5.1, this causes issues too.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I hope you have the rescue safe mode available? Go into SBSettings, which I assume you have and disable all mobile substrate add ons. Reboot and ad them back one at a time until you loose stability. This will reveal which app/tweak is causing issues. This is a good place to start.

You would probably get more response in the jailbreak section of the forums.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal