Transfer photos from iphone 4s to PC

t-bone1

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I plug my iphone 4s into my PC which is not an Apple product and can see the phone in Windows Explorer, I can see the DCIM folder, but I can not see any photos or anything else. I have plugged older versions of the iphone up and had no issues moving photos and movies over to my PC. Do I need to have additional software to see and move the photos to my PC? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You can view and move photos in your DCIM folder from your pc as always. Photos that you put on your iPhone by syncing with iTunes can only be removed by "un"syncing them and they're already on your pc so there's no need to view them through your iPhone.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You can view and move photos in your DCIM folder from your pc as always. Photos that you put on your iPhone by syncing with iTunes can only be removed by "un"syncing them and they're already on your pc so there's no need to view them through your iPhone.

Alli... I believe that if you read the title of the OPs post, they wantto know as example if you took a photo with your 4S and it was on the camera roll and you wanted to MOVE that PHOTO or PHOTOS to your PC, not the other way around, If I am wrong please excuse me but that is what I am reading,

Thank you,
Jan

t-bone1

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The problem is I can see the DCIM folder but I can't see anything in it. Thanks

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
The problem is I can see the DCIM folder but I can't see anything in it. Thanks

Two questions - 1) First confirm that you have pictures in Camera Roll not just Photo Stream (just want to be sure). 2) If you do, in Windows you can right click on your iPhone (along the left side where other "drives" are listed and you should be able to use the Import Photos option. I use this instead of sycning.

One last option - I recently enabled Photo Stream on my iPhone and downloaded the iCloud control panel to my home PC and work PC - this works beautifully - now all I have to do is copy photos from the photo stream folder to a permanent folder on my PC.

Hope this helps.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Then I don't understand what the problem is. I can plug my iPhone into my pc and drag all my photos and videos out of my DCIM subfolders all day long. I've done it several times this week after taking photos/videos of my students so that I could show them.

ThaKrazyOne

May 16, 2012
Visit site
tracy08 is right. Just wait for the AutoPlay popup to come up and select Import. This works with WinXP as well as Vista and 7. Plus after selecting the photos it gives you the option to delete from the phone as well.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Unlock your iPhone while it's connected to your PC and you should be able to see the photos in the DCIM folder then.

Dave999

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. I cannot see any files in the DCIM folder of my iphone (Firmware version 5.1). When plugged in to the PC, and using Windows Explorer, under properties it says 0 folders, 0 files!!
(I have an Android phone and can easily move photos from it to my PC, so I know how to do it normally).
I have tried the import photos and videos option that pops up when connecting the iphone but Windows simply says that there are no new images to transfer.

So, we need someone who knows about iphones. Maybe :
1) is it possible that the iphone has put my photos and videos somewhere else on the iphone? If so, how do I move them to DCIM folder?
2) is it possible that the photos are not in any format that windows recognises - in which case, what can I do?

I am loathe to download any apps that purport to do this job because I'd expect them to fail for exactly the same reasons - no files found.

MonkeeBoi

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here -- unlocking iPhone DOES NOT make a difference; nothing shows in the DCIM folder and all attempts to import get "No new pictures or videos were found on this device."

MonkeeBoi

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
EUREKA!! Just by chance, I tried unlocking my iPhone BEFORE connecting it to my PC and everything works as it should; images are visible in the folder, etc.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Two questions - 1) First confirm that you have pictures in Camera Roll not just Photo Stream (just want to be sure). 2) If you do, in Windows you can right click on your iPhone (along the left side where other "drives" are listed and you should be able to use the Import Photos option. I use this instead of sycning.

One last option - I recently enabled Photo Stream on my iPhone and downloaded the iCloud control panel to my home PC and work PC - this works beautifully - now all I have to do is copy photos from the photo stream folder to a permanent folder on my PC.

Hope this helps.

I also use the 2nd option you mention here. I lok into my iCloud control panel on my PC and check photostream, make sure WIFI is on, open my photo app if I have taken pics and they sync in seconds to my PC in the photostream folder created on my PC. Very easy.

alicepattinson

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I plug my iphone 4s into my PC which is not an Apple product and can see the phone in Windows Explorer, I can see the DCIM folder, but I can not see any photos or anything else. I have plugged older versions of the iphone up and had no issues moving photos and movies over to my PC. Do I need to have additional software to see and move the photos to my PC? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Oh you dont need any softwares, just your cable. plug it to your phone and pc then copy paste your photos to your pc. That's it :)

bow_les

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that works and no need to uninstall/reinstall anything to see the DCIM folder. However, unlock your phone with the passcode before you connect it with the USB cable to your PC. My iPhone won't show up if I connect if first and then unlock it. It will still be accessible even when the phone reverts back to the locked mode. I can always see PhotoStream listed under My Computer and access it because of iCloud.

--iPhone 4S/iPad 2 wifi only/Win8 Pro PC

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner