Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

3 Posts

Default Reformatted my Computer

So I made the mistake of syncing my phone somehow to my old computer which was reformatted. But now that Im trying to use my phone with any other computer it doenst allow me to put anything like ringtones or songs on it anymore. If i try to resync things, it always asks if I want to wipe everything which i dont want to :/. Is there any way around this ? I really want to have new ringtones but I cant figure out any way to do this.

I am afraid of losing everything I have in general such as text messages, i want to avoid restoring my phone to factory settings at all cost, since all I want is a new ringtone :/. Please help thanks!

Hopefully, someone else can shed some insight on this, but I *think* that by going into the iTunes preferences and then select devices, and then deleting the backup files that are listed there, you will be allowed to do what you are trying to do. Still, I would do an iCloud backup before trying this method. Also, as I aforementioned, I would refrain from doing this until others can confirm or deny my guess solution.
    iMore Genius

3,682 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,789 Global Posts

Every method I know has it erase your iOS device.

Authorize the new computer with the apple id

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    iMore Elite

2,237 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,862 Global Posts

And do an itunes backup first thing. Just right click on your device in itunes and choose backup.