Does your iPhone keyboard ever play peek-a-boo?

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
When you go to type something, the keyboard pops up, but then as soon as you hit a key, it goes back down and goes back a page?

This is entirely frustrating and I don't know what causes it.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My 4S(iOS5.0.1 still) doesnt do this BUT my iPad(1st gen) on the other hand does !! i'm STILL on iOS4.3 with it as i havent had time to upgrade it YET, but it certainly does drive me crazy when it does peek-a-boo on me. Not too often, but if i had to estimate, maybe once a week ???
Idk what causes it on my iPad either, but perhaps if you reboot your iphone it may help. Worth a shot unless you've already tried & it didn't help. Only other suggestion i could think of is maybe do a restore on your phone......(i know, prob not something you really want to do either lol)

Last edited:

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I think what causes it is if you go to type something very quickly, the OS needs to catch up. Then it gets stuck in this glitch. But you just have to exit out of the page.

Ever experience trying to select text and all of a sudden it gets messed up and it's scrolling by itself?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It usually happens to me when a page is still loading & i'm unaware its still loading and i tap a field to start typing. Then the keyboard will go down, and when the page is done loading I can then bring up the keyboard again to continue typing.

As for the the select text/scrolling thing your talking about, no that one never happened to me on either my 4s or my iPad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2