Trading my sprint iPhone 4s 16gb for a sprint 4s 64gb

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so this is the deal. I bought my iPhone 4s last November, I had to get the 16gb Cus the other models were not in stock at that time. A guy offered to trade me his iPhone 4s 64gb for my iPhone 4s 16gb and cash, clean esn. So my question is, how can I register it under my name in the apple website and at sprint? What things should I do before trading it?
It's my first iPhone so I'm clueless, I would like to have it under my name in case something happens, etc

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so this is the deal. I bought my iPhone 4s last November, I had to get the 16gb Cus the other models were not in stock at that time. A guy offered to trade me his iPhone 4s 64gb for my iPhone 4s 16gb and cash, clean esn. So my question is, how can I register it under my name in the apple website and at sprint? What things should I do before trading it?
It's my first iPhone so I'm clueless, I would like to have it under my name in case something happens, etc

What your going to need to do is first examine his iPhone make sure there is no physical damage or any water damage to it, both of you are going to need to go into the Sprint store and make sure that you tell them your want to swap phones but they are both on 2 different accounts. Most of the time they will tell you they can't do from the store level. Ask them to call into there employee customer care and they can perform the swap for you. Once you have the phone activated under your account you will need to do a full restore and when you connect to iTunes after the completed restore it will ask you to register the phone under your Apple ID that way when you go into Apple for any issues or services the device will show up under you not the previous owner. But I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH to thoroughly inspect the device for any physical damage or any sign of water damage. You should be good to go.

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
What your going to need to do is first examine his iPhone make sure there is no physical damage or any water damage to it, both of you are going to need to go into the Sprint store and make sure that you tell them your want to swap phones but they are both on 2 different accounts. Most of the time they will tell you they can't do from the store level. Ask them to call into there employee customer care and they can perform the swap for you. Once you have the phone activated under your account you will need to do a full restore and when you connect to iTunes after the completed restore it will ask you to register the phone under your Apple ID that way when you go into Apple for any issues or services the device will show up under you not the previous owner. But I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH to thoroughly inspect the device for any physical damage or any sign of water damage. You should be good to go.

Thank you, you really explained a lot. When looking for water damage, what are some signs of water damage?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Look in the ear phone jack hole with a light if the bottom is red it has water damage if it's white then it don't ... Check all buttons and speakers and make sure they work also

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Look in the ear phone jack hole with a light if the bottom is red it has water damage if it's white then it don't ... Check all buttons and speakers and make sure they work also

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input, another question. I'm keeping my 4s box cus of the serial number or for anything else i might need in the future. Should I ask for his as well?

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your input, another question. I'm keeping my 4s box cus of the serial number or for anything else i might need in the future. Should I ask for his as well?

I did that just to be on the safe side but also remember that when we register the devices through iTunes it keeps a record of the Apple ID that the phone has been attached to, Your iTunes account also keeps track of the IMEI from the iPhones that you have attached to your account. But I always like to have the box if possible.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73