Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Help needed with iPhone contacts

I need help, I am a new Iphone4S user.... previously I was keeping all my contacts on a lame 'ol excel spread sheet. I am now ready to upgrade.... I wanna put all my contacts from my excel sheet ito my phone contacts as well as my contacts from my three other email accounts and then group them together by work, scouts business family, friends.... Is there an app where I could just cut and paste all the info into a sync-able app my computer the sync it to my phone? Its gonna take me hours to retype everything into the iphone.....

Global Posts
    11,978 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Outlook should be able to import a spreadsheet as a CSV file into its address book - and then you can manipulate those, plus ones from your other email accounts into groups without a lot of difficulty... of course that's presuming you have a Windows machine... but - the address book on a Mac can do the same thing... then sync your phone to your computer via iTunes, or - if you use Gmail - you can sync the computer to that, and sync your phone to Gmail.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    937 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Like what above said, exchange should be your best bet. If you really a fully customized one, save it manually on iCloud or email and import them
    Follow me on:
    Feed Burner
    Facebook
    Google Plus
    Twitter

The Big Fat Reality Blog - The Best Technology Blog Out There

Evolution:
    Samsung Omnia 1 > BlackBerry 9700 > Samsung Galaxy S II > iPhone 4S

Current device:
    iPhone 4 S 16 gb Black (iOS 5.1)

Previous device (using by my fiancee):
    Samsung Galaxy S II (non G)