How do you use your iPhone at work?

Georgia

iMore Prime
Feb 15, 2010
www.tipb.com
Attention iMore nation! We've started up our official "iPhone at Work" series once again:

http://www.imore.com/category/regular-features/ios-at-work/

And we'd love to share your stories on the main page!

Simply write up how you use your iPhone or iPad to make your job better. Include the apps and accessories that make your lives easier, more productive or just simply more fun, and give as much flavor and as many details as you so wish to share!

Every week or so we'll pick one and share it on the front page, and give you a nice thank you prize for sharing!

Sound great? Good! Start writing!

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the military and use my iPhone for well everything. When I'm not at work where we aren't allowed our phones it is my calender for medical appointments for me and my son (single parent). The calender is a very powerful and needed asset for me to get along as planned. It is my computer for powerpoint projects. I use it to take notes I don't use paper which actually annoyed my teachers at first until I had to prove to them all with my test scores I actually was taking notes, and I paid for the class so who cared I was on my phone typing away quietly. When it comes to work it is my note cards for classes I'm giving when I'm outside and don't have my computer readily available (I only use a desktop no laptop).I actually don't use note cards when giving briefings I lay my iPhone in front of me and scroll from page to page. It's awesome and so much more convenient. Of course when I'm not working it is my GPS for driving to unknown locations my sons toy when bored in the car and I do know where I'm going. The iPhone has become indespensible to not just me but my family as well. It has become an extension of me. I can easily say without it my days would be a little bit more unorganized.

jamie

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm a firefighter/paramedic and use my Iphone 4s for multiple things at work. At my department we are the ems and fire for the city. One day I am on an ambulance and a fire engine the next.

The first thing that it is used for is just as a phone for communication to the hospital and other personnel. Next is getting to the right location for the call. Google maps works wonders for typing in a street name and seeing the location on a map to make sure of where we are going. Whoever is not driving does this of course.

Epocrates is something I use alot for medical information. It is great for pill id and medication information. Also great for dosage calculations and precautions.

The camera comes in handy for motor vehicle crashes. I take a quick picture of the crash and show it to the doctor so he or she gets a feel of how bad the damage was. This helps for mechanism of injury and identifying potential injuries.

Having an emergency response guide app right on your phone is very useful as well. This guide is used for initial response to hazardous materials incidents. On these type of incidnts it is also important to have weather information to determine the effects it will have on the chemical spill and wind direction.

These are just a few of the great ways I use the 4s on a daily basis.

damans

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hardware.gif
That's funny.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Dropbox for downloading important documents for work and for quick reference.

DocsToGo for on-the-go editing of my word documents, as I am a journalist and write a fair amount of documents.

Tumblr, Blogger for blogging needs.

The Official Wikipedia app for quick reference for research.

Google Search, Bling and Yahoo for quick search.

Handoff for quick downloading of links to webpages to my phone.

Phone and messaging for when I get bored and need to ask someone out haha...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73