win7 64bit can't detect ipone4s

roy38hk

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Please help.
In my old pc win xp,both iphone 4, and 4swork fine.
New pc Win7 64bit( Home SP1) can't detect iphone 4s (no jb) .But can detect Ipone 4.
Install and uninstall Itune several timesResult is the same.
Itune version 10.6.1.7 (64 bit)
iphone4s version 5.1(9B179).
All the Services running in control pannel.
No Apple Mobile Device Usb driver in Device manager.
But if i connect old Iphone 4,all works.

Many thanks...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Please help.
New pc Win7 64bit( Home SP1) can't detect iphone 4s (no jb) .But can detect Ipone 4.

Many thanks...

Does Windows make any acknowledgement that you plugged it in via USB? Or does nothing happen at all?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Please help.

Many thanks...

Plugging in via USB hub or direct into a USB port on the PC?

If via hub - try direct to the PC.

Yes, that can make a difference.

iRetired

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
When you right-click on Computer on the Desktop, choose Properties, then Device Manager.

To have a solid connection to your iPhone 4S you should have the following:
Under Portable Devices: Apple iPhone
Under Universal Serial Bus controllers: Apple Mobile Device USB Driver

For Local Services, on the Extended tab, Apple Mobile Device must be present and it should be started.

One time I plugged in my iPhone and I had not started the Apple Mobile Device service. I received a pop-up saying I could not connect to iTunes.

Maybe there's a site where you can download the correct drivers. Google it. My win64 laptop did it all automatically.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Uninstall everything that is Apple Related on your computer. Apple Mobile Device, just click on the middle row and it'll Alphabetize everything and uninstall, everything that is Apple. I mean everything Even if it is Safari or Quicktime I uninstall it.

Done... Good

Download iTunes 10.6.1 (64-bit) - FileHippo.com

There is the link for the 64 bit version, Download it.... don't install once it is done.

Restart your computer, once everything is running, install iTunes. Hopefully it works.

I had this problem before several times, it works. I just hate doing it.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah let's see if his iPhone 4s is maybe the problem! It's not his windows setup as it recognizes other apple devices, including iPhone do drivers and services are running properly!
Looks like the 4s is having an issue, is it (the 4s) recognized by OTHER computers?

roy38hk

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Uninstall everything that is Apple Related on your computer. Apple Mobile Device, just click on the middle row and it'll Alphabetize everything and uninstall, everything that is Apple. I mean everything Even if it is Safari or Quicktime I uninstall it.

Done... Good

Download iTunes 10.6.1 (64-bit) - FileHippo.com

There is the link for the 64 bit version, Download it.... don't install once it is done.

Restart your computer, once everything is running, install iTunes. Hopefully it works.

I had this problem before several times, it works. I just hate doing it.
Hi,i've uninstalled all Apple related driver and softwares,and installed the Itune you direct to me.
But the result is not work.I plug the 4s directly to USB port,no pop up message from Windows that hardware is detected. No Apple mobile devise usb driver found.
By the way,when i plug the old Iphone 4 in usb port,window can detect ,can connect itune too.
Anyway,thanks for all your people's advise,i might consider to downgrade my pc to xp.

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Based on everything you have said I believe that you may have an issue with your phone rather then your computer. If the iPhone 4 works and currently I have 2 iPhone 4s between me and my fiancé and we both have 2 laptops that are running Wins7 64bit OS with no problems and you have repeatedly deleted all the drivers and everything Apple related and reinstalled and still the same outcome its most likely a phone issue.

Sent from either my Evo 3D or my iPhone 4s.

Lodingi

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Try a different USB cable. I had this problem with various Android devices.

Also try different USB ports.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

pstitare

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I am using 64 bit system and want to take a backup of iPhone MC705ll/a on that system.
Initially, when i connect my iPhone to the system with all apple drivers installed, it shows
device as a drive on My Computer, and its properties are also visible with device id etc.
but when I used 'mobiledit' software to take the backup it shows "device not connected properly, please disconnect and connect again"

I have done that several times, also i have uninstalled and installed drivers multiple times, but it wont work.
Also even after this My Computer continue to show the device as a Drive.

pstitare

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
however when I connect the iPhone to 32 bit system, it allows me to to take the backup
but connecting same iPhone to a 64 bit system with apple 64 bit drivers installed,
it wont show the device under "Connected device".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh