Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PhxBlue
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

Default The most difference between iphone 4S and Galaxy note 4G LTE?

There's no doubt that there are many people like Galaxy Note 4G LTE very much, the most reason is it owns a 5.3'' inch huge display, so the article says that the two different phones are suit for different consumers based on the different display size. So what do you think the most difference between iphone 4S and Galaxy Note 4G LTE?
    Better and Better
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    937 Global Posts
    iOS Version

It all comes down to what you really like.

I uses both Android and iPhone and the reason I use iPhone is I love the build itself. Yes, Samsung (Android) is great but it just doesn't felt good with it. With Android, you can do anything and change of roms, kernels etc etc. The sky is the limit when it comes to modding.

However, end of the day, it just boils down to your preference and what you really like. Remember to buy the one you like as you are the one spending the money and not others
    Follow me on:
    Feed Burner
    Facebook
    Google Plus
    Twitter

The Big Fat Reality Blog - The Best Technology Blog Out There

Evolution:
    Samsung Omnia 1 > BlackBerry 9700 > Samsung Galaxy S II > iPhone 4S

Current device:
    iPhone 4 S 16 gb Black (iOS 5.1)

Previous device (using by my fiancee):
    Samsung Galaxy S II (non G)
    CheckRom v6
    Kernel: Red Pill v1.3
    Thunderbolt Tweaks
    Extreme Undervolting via Voltage Control
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    693 Global Posts
    iOS Version

if you want a device that will get updated then you should stick with iPhone 4S. How long has Android 4.0 been out? And how many devices officially have it? not to many.
    iPhone 4S ~ 32GB ~ Verizon
    Twitter
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by itsalexaye View Post
    if you want a device that will get updated then you should stick with iPhone 4S. How long has Android 4.0 been out? And how many devices officially have it? not to many.
    Timely updates is one of my biggest reasons for sticking with iOS. Any Android that I've owned was always one update behind with no guarantee that it would get the latest update.

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    Timely updates is one of my biggest reasons for sticking with iOS. Any Android that I've owned was always one update behind with no guarantee that it would get the latest update.

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.
    Same here..
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    937 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Android 4.0 is bad. For the record, ginger bread is way better.
    Follow me on:
    Feed Burner
    Facebook
    Google Plus
    Twitter

Evolution:

Current device:

CheckRom v6
    Thunderbolt Tweaks
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Beginner

In fact, I love iPhone 4S more, but the appication of S pen on Samsung Galaxy Note seems really a good idea.
    Better and Better
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    937 Global Posts
    iOS Version

The S pen is a great feature. Imaging playing Draw Something with that. Crazy!
    Follow me on:
    Feed Burner
    Facebook
    Google Plus
    Twitter

Evolution:

Current device:

CheckRom v6
    Thunderbolt Tweaks
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by reginald_1986 View Post
    The S pen is a great feature. Imaging playing Draw Something with that. Crazy!
    thank you
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

If the note was available for Verizon, i probably would have gotten it. I owned an iPhone 4 and had an upgrade available so i got the iPhone 4s and my brother's phone was falling apart so i gave him my Iphone 4.

I had no gripes about the iPhone 4 at all i even had it Jailbroken and tweaked exactly how i wanted it, but.. i think i would have enjoyed the larger screen and stylus feature. (i'm big on web surfing)

with that said, I have no regrets getting the iPhone 4s, and i bet i probably would have missed all the high quality apps/games that are available to the iPhone.

I have yet to see an Android app that i would love to have available for the iPhone (we usually have it already, or have a better quality version of it)

but i have a few friends with Droids that would love some apps that are only available to the iPhone.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Sonlon View Post
    In fact, I love iPhone 4S more, but the appication of S pen on Samsung Galaxy Note seems really a good idea.
    Steve Jobs said it best in 2007 (I'm paraphrasing)...if you need a stylus, you got it wrong.
    --
    iPhone 5s Space Gray 64GB (AT&T), iPad 3 LTE 64GB (AT&T), MacBook Air 13" (Mid-2011), Apple TVs Around the House, Time Capsule 3TB
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by impaler View Post
    Steve Jobs said it best in 2007 (I'm paraphrasing)...if you need a stylus, you got it wrong.
    For a phone, yes. For a tablet with the purpose of note taking, drawings, white boarding, etc then no. A stylus is quite handy. Seems to me there are a lot of companies producing a stylus geared toward iPad these days which means there is a need and a market for it (past iMore front page article fodder).

The Galaxy Note is essentially a small tablet. Just because it doesn't fit the mold that Jobs created doesn't mean there isn't a use for it.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Dryphter View Post
    For a phone, yes. For a tablet with the purpose of note taking, drawings, white boarding, etc then no.
    That's essentially the point I'm trying to make. Something that claims to be a phone, but really is a small tablet. Very much a hybrid device.

Great article on this Galaxy Note on Gizmodo today. While the article is a bit obnoxious, he's right that it will drive up more ridiculous sized phablets, and those of us happy with a 3.5" screen will have fewer options.

--
    iPhone 5s Space Gray 64GB (AT&T), iPad 3 LTE 64GB (AT&T), MacBook Air 13" (Mid-2011), Apple TVs Around the House, Time Capsule 3TB
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I own both of these devices. The S-pen is fun to use, especially on Draw Something. At the end of the day, for me, Apple is smooth as butter and Android is herky jerky but i still like being a dual platform user.
    Mobile tech addict..
    itsalexaye likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    346 Global Posts

One BIG difference is the speed. This is what I got on my GNote. I generally get between 1-4Mbps on my iPhone. Until the iPhone comes out with a 4G LTE phone and a bigger screen, there is no way I can go back to it. After 5 years of using iPhones it has now been replaced. The GNote is a great fit for me.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

I have a 4S and an Android phone (the Droid X2). I use the droid as a beater phone for going to the beach. I just switched over to the Droid yesterday and immediately noticed the sad state of the Android apps. Most, but not all, iOS apps are available on Android, but:
    All the Android apps I use are: slower, have a much worse UI, and are far uglier. Kindle on
    Android is just pathetic - it takes 5+ seconds to even launch (instantaneous on 4s)
    The Android FitBit app does not even work without a data connection (work fine offline on iOS)
    All apps scrolling is jumpy and sluggish on Android
    The Droid X2 is running GB with a dual core 1GHz processor - better specs than the 4s, but much slower.

I had used Android for 2 years before switching to a 4s in October, and can't wait to swap back to my iPhone.