Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Do you have your battery percent showing?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

142 90.45%
  • No

15 9.55%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by impaler View Post
    I like having options, and I like that Apple is willing to let folks take the minimalist approach if they want to.
    This is like the one thing Apple actually lets the user decide. Completely locked down OS.
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Green Bay Packers
    Cincinnati Reds
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,521 Global Posts

I've had the battery percentage showing since the day I found it in the settings. Can't turn back now.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

I don't have the percentage, I like not seeing the number and being all OCD about when it drops in number and just use the bar to show when it drains.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Call me crazy, but I don't have it showing. I drive myself absolutely nuts by looking at it all the time and watching it drop number by number. Lol.

Plus, to my mind, it looks cluttered when I have it turned on. Another thing that drives me nuts.

Not knowing the exact percentage doesn't bother me one bit. The battery on my iPhone is far superior to any other device I have used, and unless I intentionally run the battery down, I never EVER have to worry about it.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
    (iPhone 4S, Tapatalk)
    Premium1, mab4285 and hunoosh like this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I have it on but I'm definitely not OCD about it. I'll probably take the % off once classes are done for the semester since I won't be using it as much and won't be far from a charger.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,445 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by redraider133 View Post
    I don't have the percentage, I like not seeing the number and being all OCD about when it drops in number and just use the bar to show when it drains.
    Haha. Had mine on too for a while but had to get rid of it. Felt like I was being OCD in having to know and keep checking. Not sure it really made a difference. Even though I feel the battery life is great on my iPhone and iPad I still am battery checking charging and obsessing. :o
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,214 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I TRIED to shut mine off yesterday.....that didn't go so well my OCD feels I need to visually see a percentage number, but on the other hand, I also like to know where I'm at especially when using my Mophie. I like to turn the Mophie on my phone to charge when I hit 30%, if the percentage is not showing il never know when that magical number 30 is

On the other hand, there are days I'm bugging out and charging at 75% just because.....go figure!! Lol
    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*

Global Posts
    22,245 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    I TRIED to shut mine off yesterday.....that didn't go so well my OCD feels I need to visually see a percentage number, but on the other hand, I also like to know where I'm at especially when using my Mophie. I like to turn the Mophie on my phone to charge when I hit 30%, if the percentage is not showing il never know when that magical number 30 is

On the other hand, there are days I'm bugging out and charging at 75% just because.....go figure!! Lol
    You are so right, Pink. We get so caught up in keeping the battery percentage at or very near to 100% at all times that we tend to forget how much 75% or even 45% is. Still, without having the battery percentage showing, the battery indicator is misleading and I am more prone to charging it thinking the battery is almost drained. Yet, when I turn on the battery percentage, I see that I'm at 55 or 60%.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 11-17-2012 at 08:39 AM.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    iOS Version

its funny how so many of us NEED that % ... obsessive, yes!! and after reading this thread yesterday, i decided to turn the battery percentage off and see how i managed. i have a mophie case, and usually will charge with it only if the iPhone gets down between 20-30%...
    i was tempted to check the % SO MANY times but refused to let myself give in to it, lol... my goal was to wait for the battery icon to turn RED before checking the %, and then use the mophie to charge. went to bed at 11pm... still in the green on the battery icon... does anyone know when the battery actually turns red? i thought it was at 20% when you get the warning
    i don't have to use the mophie everyday (and i haven't in a few days) but i LOVE the security of knowing that i have that extra charge... wonder how i'll do without the security of that %

Global Posts
    22,245 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by jobosumm View Post
    ...(snipped)... still in the green on the battery icon... does anyone know when the battery actually turns red? i thought it was at 20% when you get the warning
    ...(snipped)...
    My battery meter turns red at the 20% level.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Thanks! I thought so... Now I hopefully won't stare at it all day waiting for it to turn red lol
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    3,806 Global Posts
    iOS Version

It varies, but most of the time I do, depends on what theme I'm using.
    iPhone 5
    iPad Mini
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I have it on for the same reasons as everyone else.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

Default Re: Who has their battery percentage showing?

I typically turn mine off. I get very paranoid if I see the percent drop each time. I only turn it on for a brief time before I go to bed to see where the % is.
    Relletti likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

Default Who has their battery percentage showing?

Definitely. It was also one of the first things I changed on my old Palm Pre.
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,790 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I have it off. Especially since my battery seems to drain like crazy. I can't look at it. Lol

Tapatalking
    "My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence." Edith Sitwell
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    942 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I have it on and off depending on mood.

via Tapatalk
    Twitter: @vietalogy
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    869 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteiPadMini View Post
    I typically turn mine off. I get very paranoid if I see the percent drop each time. I only turn it on for a brief time before I go to bed to see where the % is.
    I do the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,214 Global Posts
    iOS Version

when i first got my 4S i always had it on. then i got to a point where i was tired of obsessing over battery percetage/usage/standby blah blah blah. SO i turned it off. i just recently turned it back on when i upgraded to iOS6 just to get an idea of how my battery life is. Sometimes i shut it off though. Prob in another couple of days i'll turn it completely off again and be done with watching it. Since iOS6 my battery has been fine and i feel no reason to watch it like a hawk anymore
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*

Global Posts
    22,245 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    when i first got my 4S i always had it on. then i got to a point where i was tired of obsessing over battery percetage/usage/standby blah blah blah. SO i turned it off. i just recently turned it back on when i upgraded to iOS6 just to get an idea of how my battery life is. Sometimes i shut it off though. Prob in another couple of days i'll turn it completely off again and be done with watching it. Since iOS6 my battery has been fine and i feel no reason to watch it like a hawk anymore
    Same here, Pink. The only difference is that I now only turn it on to check the percentage when my battery is just about completely drained and I'm in the process of surfing the web, perusing the forum or reading articles I sent to Instapaper, etc. I find that I'm less inclined to put it on a charger when the percentage is not being displayed, unlike a few months ago.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 11-17-2012 at 08:41 AM.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.1

My battery percentage is always showing. I like to know what it's at at all times.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,399 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Keep mine on....iPhone and iPad.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,214 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Same here, Pink. The only difference is that I only turn it on to check the percentage when my battery is just about completely drained and I'm in the process of surfing the web, perusing the forum or reading articles I sent to Instapaper, etc. I find that I'm less inclined to put it on a charger when the percentage is not being displayed.
    I understand what you mean D. Usually when my percentage is off, and my 10% warning comes up is when I'll usually plug in. Although when I have my % showing I'll push the envelope and not plug in to charge till the very last possible moment, which could be 1% at that point.

I tend to ignore the 20% warning when my % is turned off too lol.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by The_colombian View Post
    I don't. My android OCD will kick in and I will have to plug it in every time I see an outlet.
    I've never owned an android, but I def have OCD about my battery percentage. I'm ashamed to say I carry a wall charger in my purse (and use it) and I also immediately plug it in no matter what when I'm in my car.

I'm thinking I should try to turn the percentage off but then I'd just obsess about what it is and check anyway. I'm on my phone A LOT to pass time during the day (because of what I do, otherwise I'd be twiddling my thumbs) and the battery drains fast.

Geeze, I really am OCD about the percentage.
     White iPhone 4s 32GB AT&T  Passed down Black iPhone 4 16GB AT&T on iOS 6 (home button works intermittently)  MacBook Pro 13.3" late 2011 on Mountain Lion  Passed down White MacBook 13.3" early 2008 on Snow Leopard 
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

I have it showing on all my devices.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast