- 03-21-2012, 08:29 PM #26
Remove Home Button ( I have the creepy feeling I'm gonna wear it out)
Add Bedside Mode (like BlackBerry)
Ability to sort the order in which Reminders displays
Ability to delete multiple text messages.
Last edited by TurboTiger; 03-22-2012 at 07:41 PM.
- 03-21-2012, 08:55 PM #27
- 03-21-2012, 08:59 PM #28
Things we don't like.
1. Notification light. Oh, boy does it need that. It is soooo much nicer to just glance at a phone and know you have a msg, or missed call without having to turn it on.
2. A bigger screen would be nice. 3.7 - 4.0"
4. Better way of multi-tasking.
Hope this does not sound like we don't like our phones, for we do very, very much. However, you asked so I think those would be very nice additions.
- 03-21-2012, 09:11 PM #29
- 03-21-2012, 09:28 PM #30
- 03-22-2012, 12:12 AM #31
It was a horrible horrid phone (the iPhone 4). Would push buttons during a call, mute during a call, hang up during a call. I had to get a app, call guard and then activate it DUI g the call to prevent it. Then jailbreak to have a better fix but was still lacking. That proximity sensor issue on the iPhone 4 was horrible and Apple never aknowledged it.
iPhone 4s issue fixed. Worst thing I can say about it is there is no jailbreak out yet for the 4s with 5.1, untearhered.
- 03-22-2012, 12:32 AM #32
- 03-22-2012, 12:47 AM #33iMore Intermediate
- 170 Posts
It needs a stronger vibrate, particularly since so many of these phones have a case on them. Perhaps an adjustment for the strength of the vibration so that folks without cases can keep it mellow.
I should be able to use any sound I record or any songs I download from the Rhapsody app to use for the ringer or any other alert without using iTunes. I can't imagine why it's necessary to use iTunes for something as simple as changing the ringtone. I despise iTunes and will avoid putting it on any computer if possible.
That stuff aside, it's a damn sweet phone.
- 03-22-2012, 06:32 AM #34
- 03-22-2012, 07:28 AM #35
It's a great speed improvement over the iP4. Siri is not that useful, more hype than help... perhaps I just haven't learned how to "talk nice" to it yet? Compared to my iP4, the iP4S screen is a grease magnet :-O iP4 would almost basically clean itself after face grease/debris got on it. iP4S it just sits there and I have to wipe it down. It's extremely noticeable difference and I"m actually thinking of returning it because I can't help but wonder if my oleophylic (clearly NOT oleophobic) screen is a defective
- 03-22-2012, 09:32 AM #36
I find my iPhone lacking in two areas:
1. I want a color customizable notification light on the front of the device. The present notification system is bad but it could easily be fixed. Having to constantly pick up the device and check for missed messages is ridiculous.
2. Different sound profiles. There's times I only want to be alerted to calls and not texts or emails. I should be able to set that.
That's my 2 cents.
- 03-22-2012, 02:39 PM #37
You can't set the alarm just for vibrate. I've downloaded a bunch of alarm apps but none are consistent. I've settled for having my sound set at very low with the vibrate to wake me up. Seems like such a simple thing and I don't understand why that option doesn't exist.
The other thing is that it's sooo nice really you need to put a case on to protect it but I love the way it looks and hate having to put on a case so I'm just extra careful.
- 03-23-2012, 12:57 AM #38
I hate being tied to iTunes for everything music related. I miss the freedom Android allowed for music downloads. I enjoy underground music that isn't always in iTunes. I have no was of downloading that on the go with my iPhone. I wish I could make any song a ringtone like Android.
- 03-23-2012, 09:45 AM #39
I would say the multi tasking sucks. Wish it was much quicker and easier to flip between apps. Something similar to WebOS with card views and gestures for multi tasking would be awesome. Also hate that random calls I can hear the user but they can't here me. Once this happens I have to reboot to get it to work right.
- 03-23-2012, 12:05 PM #40
- 03-23-2012, 05:33 PM #41
- 03-23-2012, 05:38 PM #42
- 03-23-2012, 07:18 PM #43
- 03-23-2012, 07:56 PM #44
- 03-23-2012, 08:38 PM #45
- 03-23-2012, 09:41 PM #46iMore Beginner
- 95 Posts
Although I love my 4S....I do have a wish list.
1. Notification light. My phone is on vibrate when I'm at work. I never hear/feel...then finding out a missed a call an hour earlier.
2. In the next iOS I would like to be able to set reminders (w/ alarms) to emails....like in Outlook.
3. Bigger screen
4. The ability to customize text messages....color, font, background pic & to be able to see the profile pic rather than just the name of the person you text/that texted you.
- 03-23-2012, 09:49 PM #47
- 03-23-2012, 09:55 PM #48
- 03-24-2012, 12:34 AM #49
- 03-24-2012, 01:14 AM #50