I just tried it! It does work 100%... no BS. I want to cry. I've been praying for a solution since Saturday! I don't have the money for a new phone. This post was heaven sent. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
    08-24-2015 07:55 PM
    I was so grateful to find a solution to my problem that I registered just to thank the person that posted the tip. I'd tried everything and with nothing to lose I tried it out. It worked! there is no collective attempt to try to get people to damage their iPhone's LOL!! the explanation put forth as to giving the battery a 'jump' makes sense. Every person is free to make there own choice, the risk is yours, use your own common sense, don't put it under the blow-dryer too long...I did it few inches from the device for under a min,, probably around 30 secs. When I let battery drain too low and I was in my car with no hair-dryer I simply set it on my dash, battery side up, a few mins till hot to the touch and then tried to charge with my car charger and that worked too I made an appt with at the Genius Bar at the Apple Store and they replaced my battery. The helpful post made it possible for me to have a working phone until my scheduled appointment, to back up, and to upload my thousand pics!
    08-25-2015 11:14 PM
    Yes, please don't use the dryer too long, and again this should only be a temporary fix until you replace the battery by yourself, or at the genius bar.. ;d

"If the battery's natural discharge depletes it below usable levels (i.e. below 2.5V), its smart system will disable the battery's ability to retain a charge, as charging it from a true-0 state could result in a fire. This is also true for overuse and abuse of a battery."
    P.S. found this so.. yes. ;d

The little science about heating the battery is the electricians law.. V/IxR

Meaning, heating a battery causes the resistance inside to rise, thus making the voltage rise in relation to the amperes.

A neat trick, getting the battery into thinking it's charging itself. ;d
    Last edited by Sumona Florence; 09-12-2015 at 12:26 PM.
    08-29-2015 03:22 AM
    Thank you VFRWiz
    09-10-2015 03:24 AM
    Ok, this is too late to help, but I thought I'd answer anyway in case someone else finds this post whilst searching for the problem. Here's how to fix it:

Lithium batteries have protection against over-discharging, they do this by breaking the circuit if the voltage drops too low to prevent further drain. Unfortunately, once this has triggered, you can no longer put charge back into the battery because the battery is disconnected internally, so no matter how long you leave the phone on charge, it remains disconnected and flat.

You only need to get the voltage in the battery to raise a percent or two to reconnect the protection circuit so that it will charge again and you can do that by warming up the battery. You may get away with leaving the phone overnight in a very warm (hot) place, such as on top of a hot water tank, however a more efficient way is to remove the battery and heat it up until it's quite hot with a hairdryer on its hottest setting. Heat it for a good 5-10 mins so that the hear soaks right through the battery and it feels hot to the touch, this will raise the internal voltage enough to reconnect the protection circuit. Immediately reconnect the battery into the phone and put it on charge. After about 10-20 mins, enough charge should get back into the battery to fire up the phone and it'll come back to life.

I've done this a few times now on various different models and it always works. Hope it helps you.
    Thank u so much. U helped me alot with my iphone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!godbless
    09-10-2015 03:39 AM
    Yeah... seriously I thought this was a load of crap. I warmed up my iphone with the hair dryer for about a minute... BOO YEAH, it worked!!!! I am humbled... and thank you very much!!!
    09-16-2015 04:08 PM
    Yeah... seriously I thought this was a load of crap. I warmed up my iphone with the hair dryer for about a minute... BOO YEAH, it worked!!!! I am humbled... and thank you very much!!!
    Yo, nice one Paul.

I did a little thinking myself and if anyone here knows how electricity works, here's how using a hair dryer works by charging the battery just that little bit.

For the Electricians, it's as simple as V / I x R

iPhone won't charge after battery drained!!-screen-shot-2012-11-20-11.05.58-am.png

For the rest of you, Voltage over Current times Resistance.

Basically, heat creates resistance with electronics, and because resistance (ohms) and current (amps) are friends, they increase the value of Voltage.

Example: 30ohms x 5amps = 150volts

If you heat it up, the ohms will rise, example.. 35ohms x 5amps = 175 volts

(note this isn't the actual stats of your battery, just a loose example)

Now because you applied heat to your iPhone battery, or any Lithium Ion battery with a circuit that cuts off when it drains too low, you re-enable the circuit because you charged the battery slightly through raising the resistance inside of itself, thus rising the voltage. (very neat trick, eh?)

Another thing about this funny science thing is... if you are a person who wears a wrist watch.. have you ever wondered why the battery in your watch lasts so much longer while you are actually wearing it all the time?

Yessss.. now you see. ;d

Now don't let your battery die again!

Edit: I'm going to stop humping this forum now.. ';d
    09-17-2015 09:42 AM
    Amazing! This worked. I was skeptical, but came right back to life. Thanks!
    09-17-2015 04:12 PM
    SUCCESS!!!! MANY M-A-N-Y thanks to VFRWiz!!!! It took me two tries, but used a heat-gun (super hot) from about 10 to 12 inches away, with the iPhone 4S face down, pointing the heat at the right edge (where batt is). First try I think I was too far away, but on the second try I put the phone on the charger right away, the red battery symbol was immediately replaced with the white apple and a short progress bar, then Photos & iTunes launched on my computer and a moment later my iPhone splash screen came up!!! Holy Moly, what a save. NOW THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP: Got to go and get a new battery. I joined the forum just now to say thanks, so THANKS VFRWiz!!!
    10-02-2015 10:46 PM
    are you sure this will work. last night my iPhone 5c died and so i thought it was the charger. but have tried three other chargers. The dead battery screen shows up every once in a while when i act as if i try to turn it on.
    10-06-2015 08:40 AM
    Legend,
    I registered at this site to thank you specifically for helping resolve this issue!
    I was not able to get my phone looked at until the weekend!
    Thanks so much

Can't believe something so simple worked

10-21-2015 09:50 PM
    Had a similar problem and thank you VFRWiz!!!! My phone is working now! Yey!
    10-31-2015 11:39 AM
    I created an account just to thank VFRwiz for this incredible iPhone hack. My iPhone 5 died and when plugged in, would not read the charger or outlet. I attempted several hard resets to no avail. My iPhone is about 2 years old and so naturally, I feared the worst. It's working perfectly fine, now! Thank you!
    10-31-2015 12:37 PM
    Help i let my iPhone 5 go dead flat now it won't charge at all not even they red icon is coming i have tried the wall and my mac someone help me
    11-14-2015 04:26 PM
    what did you try
    11-14-2015 04:27 PM
    someone tell me if this works legit as i don't want to have to buy i new iPhone 5 if it ruins my phone for good
    11-14-2015 04:29 PM
    Thank you VFRWiz,

Quick question regarding your post. I used your method to fix a fellow office mate's iPhone 4s that had been showing the same symptoms of the original poster's phone. Specifically, I placed it in between two of our Xfinity cable boxes back in the IT room for 10-15 minutes and then plugged it in. Your solution worked as you said.

In your experience, how long is this solution good for? Once the internal battery's connection is re-established using heat, is it re-established for good or does she need to get a new phone and transfer her files while the benefit of the solution is still in effect?

-crottymcnaughty
    11-16-2015 01:57 PM
    I think this is such bull.. All commenters and hallelujah hailers are newly registered members with just one post.

I highly suggest somebody takes action in this thread, 'cause I'm worried somebody will try this for real at home and see her/his phone die with no remedy at all.
    Well, I came looking for answers and VFRWiz came through. I put a friend's iPhone 4s in-between two cable boxes in our IT server room, placing the phone where heat was being emitted and within 10-15 minutes, the phone started back up. Dunno who and don't care who VFRWiz is and it worked. I suggest using less heat instead of jumping to nothing short of microwaving your phone though.
    11-16-2015 02:08 PM
    Ok, this is too late to help, but I thought I'd answer anyway in case someone else finds this post whilst searching for the problem. Here's how to fix it:

Lithium batteries have protection against over-discharging, they do this by breaking the circuit if the voltage drops too low to prevent further drain. Unfortunately, once this has triggered, you can no longer put charge back into the battery because the battery is disconnected internally, so no matter how long you leave the phone on charge, it remains disconnected and flat.

You only need to get the voltage in the battery to raise a percent or two to reconnect the protection circuit so that it will charge again and you can do that by warming up the battery. You may get away with leaving the phone overnight in a very warm (hot) place, such as on top of a hot water tank, however a more efficient way is to remove the battery and heat it up until it's quite hot with a hairdryer on its hottest setting. Heat it for a good 5-10 mins so that the hear soaks right through the battery and it feels hot to the touch, this will raise the internal voltage enough to reconnect the protection circuit. Immediately reconnect the battery into the phone and put it on charge. After about 10-20 mins, enough charge should get back into the battery to fire up the phone and it'll come back to life.

I've done this a few times now on various different models and it always works. Hope it helps you.
    Thank you VFRWiz,

Quick question regarding your post. I used your method to fix a fellow office mate's iPhone 4s that had been showing the same symptoms of the original poster's phone. Specifically, I placed it in between two of our Xfinity cable boxes back in the IT room for 10-15 minutes and then plugged it in. Your solution worked as you said.

In your experience, how long is this solution good for? Once the internal battery's connection is re-established using heat, is it re-established for good or does she need to get a new phone and transfer her files while the benefit of the solution is still in effect?

-crottymcnaughty
    11-16-2015 02:17 PM
    Went in local  Store today to have my battery replaced. Costs: 79. After waiting for 45 minutes I asked how much longer I had to wait. The guy went in the back and came back with a white thin box and my iPhone, said they had been unsuccessful in replacing the battery, so they gave me a new phone for the same price as a battery replacement.

My old iPhone was dented, scratched and looked like it survived an earthquake

I love  and their customer service.
    Ps: my phone was 22 months old, so it was due for replacement
    11-16-2015 03:01 PM
    Ps: my phone was 22 months old, so it was due for replacement
    How is a battery replacement unsuccessful? Did they damage the phone trying to do it?
    11-16-2015 03:10 PM
    How is a battery replacement unsuccessful? Did they damage the phone trying to do it?
    I don't know. I'm guessing they felt generous. My phone was dented, scratched and so on. To have the battery replaced, they'd have to remove the screen from the backplate and because of the dents it was putting pressure on the screen. So by removing the screen it would have shattered guaranteed.

Instead of taking the chance, they chose to replace it I assume.
    11-16-2015 04:05 PM
    I don't know. I'm guessing they felt generous. My phone was dented, scratched and so on. To have the battery replaced, they'd have to remove the screen from the backplate and because of the dents it was putting pressure on the screen. So by removing the screen it would have shattered guaranteed.

Instead of taking the chance, they chose to replace it I assume.
    Good deal! 🏼
    Tartarus likes this.
    11-16-2015 04:07 PM
    This was UNBELIEVABLY helpful!!!! I unplugged my phone (which, after an hour, didnt seem to be accepting any charge after dying) and blew my hairdryer on it for about 1 minute on hot. I plugged my phone back in and it turned on IMMEDIATELY. and at 52%
    I will be going to the apple store soon to get the battery replaced. But in the mean time I have a new trick, Thank you for posting this!!
    12-06-2015 11:04 PM
    It works. I didnt take my phone apart. I just blew my hairdryer on it, on hot for about 1 minute, unplugged. When i plugged it back in it turned on. I will still be replacing my battery though, as I am aware of the recall they have on Iphone 5's for the poor batteries.
    12-06-2015 11:10 PM
112 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD