Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Default Whos using my hotspot?

Is there a way where I can see who is using my hotspot when i enable it? It only shows "1 connection to personal hotspot" but doesnt show a name or anything. Thanks!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,507 Global Posts
    iOS Version

the only thing using your hotspot are the devices you allow to connect to it. And i believe the only you can use it is with the password protection. But watch how you use it, i used mine for the first time today and lemme say the data goes fast.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,443 Global Posts

When using your device as a hot spot I would always make sure that you set up a WEP key and or password so no one can connect with your device and steal your data.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version
    5.0.1.3/4

Quote Originally Posted by AJSaNewb View Post
    Is there a way where I can see who is using my hotspot when i enable it? It only shows "1 connection to personal hotspot" but doesnt show a name or anything. Thanks!
    I do beleive the 1 connection is "Your" phone. it says the same thing on mine and im in the middle of nowhere and I know for a FACT there is nobody else here.......... scaaaaary