Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Default Camera Roll sending mystery photo to Twitter

Hi all - Just got my 4S about a month ago, but something really weird happened today.

I took a picture of something at school (a bunch of empty chairs, to be exact), went into the camera roll, hit share and "tweet." The tweet box popped up with the correct photo, I added my message and hit send. Problem is, when I went onto my twitter timeline to see if it had gone through, the picture attached was not what I had originally sent. In fact, it's not even a photo that is on my phone, or has ever been on my phone. It was a weird screenshot of a youtube video from a computer (see attachment). I've never watched that video, or have anything like that on my phone or computer, so I don't understand where it came from and what happened to my photo.

Has this happened to anyone else?

4S running 5.0.1, not jailbroken, not synced to iCloud.

Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camera Roll sending mystery photo to Twitter-uuolcaaazeh6.png-large.png  

Global Posts
    22,275 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Are you using the official Twitter app? If so, Twitter's photo service could be compromised. Of course, I'm only speculating. I use the Tweetbot app and I don't post photos to either of my Twitter accounts so I've never run into that problem.

Just Me, D
    Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)
    iMore Newbie

/me thinks this is a cover story for the nudy pics that also got posted to his Twitter account which he "has no idea where they came from".

4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T-Will View Post
    /me thinks this is a cover story for the nudy pics that also got posted to his Twitter account which he "has no idea where they came from".

haha, I wish my life were that exciting.

But yeah, I'm using the official twitter app. I had a Galaxy S for almost 2 years and never had a problem, so I don't know if this would be a twitter issue or an iOS issue. I don't upload photos to twitter that often, but I'd like it to work when I do upload one.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

About a year or so ago (maybe longer) Twitpics was having some problems and no matter what we uploaded, it came out as someone else's picture. The mismatched tweets were often hilarious - and frequently puzzling.
    Thanked by:
    G.murph (03-15-2012)
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0b4

Quote Originally Posted by G.murph View Post
    Hi all - Just got my 4S about a month ago, but something really weird happened today.

I took a picture of something at school (a bunch of empty chairs, to be exact), went into the camera roll, hit share and "tweet." The tweet box popped up with the correct photo, I added my message and hit send. Problem is, when I went onto my twitter timeline to see if it had gone through, the picture attached was not what I had originally sent. In fact, it's not even a photo that is on my phone, or has ever been on my phone. It was a weird screenshot of a youtube video from a computer (see attachment). I've never watched that video, or have anything like that on my phone or computer, so I don't understand where it came from and what happened to my photo.

Has this happened to anyone else?

4S running 5.0.1, not jailbroken, not synced to iCloud.

Greg
    This hasn't happened to me, but it's probably a twitter issue. Also, if you don't want to be jailbroken, go to 5.1. It may solve this issue. Not sure, but try that. Just go to settings, general software update, and follow the instructions.
    Thanked by:
    G.murph (03-15-2012)

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    iOS Version

+1 for upgrading to 5.1. It's worth a shot.
    Thanked by:
    G.murph (03-15-2012)
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Thanks, guys. I was waiting a few days to see if there were any major problems with 5.1, but there doesn't seem to be so I'll go ahead with it. Do you think a system restore is necessary after updating?

Global Posts
    22,275 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by G.murph View Post
    Thanks, guys. I was waiting a few days to see if there were any major problems with 5.1, but there doesn't seem to be so I'll go ahead with it. Do you think a system restore is necessary after updating?
    I didn't need one. Everything worked as it should.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    Thanked by:
    G.murph (03-15-2012)