Camera Roll sending mystery photo to Twitter

G.murph

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi all - Just got my 4S about a month ago, but something really weird happened today.

I took a picture of something at school (a bunch of empty chairs, to be exact), went into the camera roll, hit share and "tweet." The tweet box popped up with the correct photo, I added my message and hit send. Problem is, when I went onto my twitter timeline to see if it had gone through, the picture attached was not what I had originally sent. In fact, it's not even a photo that is on my phone, or has ever been on my phone. It was a weird screenshot of a youtube video from a computer (see attachment). I've never watched that video, or have anything like that on my phone or computer, so I don't understand where it came from and what happened to my photo.

Has this happened to anyone else?

4S running 5.0.1, not jailbroken, not synced to iCloud.

Greg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the official Twitter app? If so, Twitter's photo service could be compromised. Of course, I'm only speculating. I use the Tweetbot app and I don't post photos to either of my Twitter accounts so I've never run into that problem.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

T-Will

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
/me thinks this is a cover story for the nudy pics that also got posted to his Twitter account which he "has no idea where they came from".

;)

G.murph

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
/me thinks this is a cover story for the nudy pics that also got posted to his Twitter account which he "has no idea where they came from".

;)

haha, I wish my life were that exciting.

But yeah, I'm using the official twitter app. I had a Galaxy S for almost 2 years and never had a problem, so I don't know if this would be a twitter issue or an iOS issue. I don't upload photos to twitter that often, but I'd like it to work when I do upload one.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
About a year or so ago (maybe longer) Twitpics was having some problems and no matter what we uploaded, it came out as someone else's picture. The mismatched tweets were often hilarious - and frequently puzzling.

Reactions: G.murph

matthewmspace

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi all - Just got my 4S about a month ago, but something really weird happened today.

I took a picture of something at school (a bunch of empty chairs, to be exact), went into the camera roll, hit share and "tweet." The tweet box popped up with the correct photo, I added my message and hit send. Problem is, when I went onto my twitter timeline to see if it had gone through, the picture attached was not what I had originally sent. In fact, it's not even a photo that is on my phone, or has ever been on my phone. It was a weird screenshot of a youtube video from a computer (see attachment). I've never watched that video, or have anything like that on my phone or computer, so I don't understand where it came from and what happened to my photo.

Has this happened to anyone else?

4S running 5.0.1, not jailbroken, not synced to iCloud.

Greg

This hasn't happened to me, but it's probably a twitter issue. Also, if you don't want to be jailbroken, go to 5.1. It may solve this issue. Not sure, but try that. Just go to settings, general software update, and follow the instructions.

G.murph

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, guys. I was waiting a few days to see if there were any major problems with 5.1, but there doesn't seem to be so I'll go ahead with it. Do you think a system restore is necessary after updating?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, guys. I was waiting a few days to see if there were any major problems with 5.1, but there doesn't seem to be so I'll go ahead with it. Do you think a system restore is necessary after updating?

I didn't need one. Everything worked as it should.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73