Poor signal.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I've started noticing that I get poor signals. I have the black 4s and the wife has the white one. I can hold them side by side and her signal stronger as well as many times she will get 3G and I will have just the little circle. Mostly inside. I am jailbroken she isn't. Could that be it? Help!

4sid

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think jailbreaking will effect the signal; just compared one 4S with another one (my friend's -- not jailbroken) and the signal is poor here as well.

It has been that way in India though.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've started noticing that I get poor signals. I have the black 4s and the wife has the white one. I can hold them side by side and her signal stronger as well as many times she will get 3G and I will have just the little circle. Mostly inside. I am jailbroken she isn't. Could that be it? Help!

It's really hard to say... there are so many variables in the iPhone/iPad anyway... the apps installed, etc... and when the jailbreak developers start rewriting the code to make the jailbreak work, anything is possible... that said, though, with so many being jailbroken, if the issue was PURELY related to being / not being jailbroken, reports would be much more widespread.

Other things come to mind - OS version, carrier, baseband version (related to OS version), whether or not there are cases, bumpers, etc involved...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I would try and restore. You can always JB again. I once JB on my 3GS and then my data wouldn't work. Restore fixed it and then I JB again and I was fine.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I dropped the JB, restored to new... 5.1
then, after i restored from iCloud, it said it didnt sync everything... so i tried to snyc in itunes. and the apply button is greyed out no matter what!
so i rebooted, then it told me again that it failed to sync all... and now its finishing the restore from icloud!??? even though it finished before. wtf! lol

so, now i am waiting for it to finish [again].

I like the JB for themes, but i dont think i will be doing it again. its too much of a pain to go back to normal.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2