This phone is so expensive

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I just have purchased quite a few cases and then a car kit. So the accessories are my own fault. But to the guy that said there is no difference in app prices...you're completely wrong. I'm not knocking iOS. It's funny to see OS fans band together and get defensive. I'm an unbiased smartphone user. I enjoy both systems equally so I offer unbiased opinions. The feeling I've expressed have been expressed by my customers as well.

I agree...quality comes with a higher cost. And the quality of the apps are definitely higher. But seriously guys...let's not be so biased.

I'm not being biased at all. Most of the apps I purchased the Market when I was on Android were selling for $.99 or close to that. Most of those same apps that are available for purchase on the App Store for iOS (like the ones I bought on Market) were the same price is all I was getting at.

Yes, there are some that are more expensive on iOS, but my comment wasn't meant to be biased.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
+2... But, hey! A gal can never have too many cases, IMHO. :D

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Can someone please explain this to my hubby! ?.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
:D Rose, you are 1000% correct !! Add into that handbags & shoes, uggs for me:) can never have too many of those either !!
Girl, I done tried this already with mine till I was blue in the face. Now I just don't tell him when I get a new case. Besides, men have enough of their boy toys, so us women can have our cases if we want, lol. :D
Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
LMAO! My hubby is so nosey and notices EVERYTHING. I can't even sneak in a new top without him saying ... when did you get that? Haven't seen it before!? I swear he must take pictures of my closet to keep track of my shenanigans! I just buy him a new case or telescope thing or otherwise geeky article ... Shuts him right up ;)!
Feels good to know I am not alone.

Scarlet

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
LOL !! This is true, they do have their boy toys - tools, dirt bikes, trucks etc. We deserve our cases LOL
I have to say my husband is pretty understanding when it comes to my case addiction for my 4S, he'll see my phone and say "oh when did you get that one little miss case-aholic" LOL:D

acecommander

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I bought the OtterBox Defender, but then returned it because of the bulkiness of it. Now I have a leather wallet that looks like a book that I got at the Apple store.

The most expensive accessories I've bought was the actual phone itself. I've had an Ipad for a year now, and made the stupid mistake of purchasing an Atrix 4 last year instead of the Iphone4. Bought the Iphone 4s a couple weeks ago to complement my Ipad. Now I can justify (hopefully) to my wife that I can't live without an Apple laptop. My Sony laptop is only 18 months old, but will probably start having battery problems and unexpected crashing issues :eek: in a couple weeks. ;)

iRetired

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I've found myself buying more accessories for my 4S - namely cases, like the Otterbox Impact that came in the mail today - but my Droid X didn't have a glass front AND a glass back. Even though I have Applecare+, I still baby my phone.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
a Porsche is expensive too. Both are some of the best damn money I've ever spent. :cool: But I've owned my one (and probably only) Android phone. I'm very glad for the competition - it keeps everyone honest and promotes innovation which is a GREAT thing. However, I dumped my beloved blackberries for an iPhone in 2008 and haven't looked back since.

Last edited:

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
All I know is cellphoneshop.net is your friend. For cases, either eBay or Amazon will do. I bought 4 cases from both sites for my family and my girlfriend. You just have to research what is right for you and I do plenty of research to make sure it isn't too big or bulky. So far I am happy with my Incipio Edge Pro case. Got it for 10 bucks when original price was $30-40 on their website.

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that the items in the App Store, or even most of the essential accessories for iPhone 4s are particularly expensive. If anything, the popularity of the phone creates a lot of competition for those accessories, so you have cheap case manufactures, mid-level ones, and then premium cases.
(P.S. I like the Otterbox Reflex series - protects well and only about 20 bucks on Amazon)

Is the phone expensive overall? Of course! But who doesn't know that going in?! My perspective is this (use this one on my wife often), if I'm going to pay 80 bucks a month for a service/data plan, plus $199 up front, that's thousands of dollars invested over the life of the contract. So it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to save that $14.99 I just spent on MLB At-Bat if that's something I really want to do with the phone. And yes, a handful of 99 cent apps do add up over time, but part of that is just the appeal of the ecosystem, and I use a lot of them on my iPad as well.

You have to watch your budget and know your limits, obviously. But if you shop around and figure out what accessories you need or really really want, I don't think it's unreasonable. We stare at these things for hours per day - you debate the health of that as another matter, but I don't think it's a poor value if you use and enjoy your phone.

reactortrip

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
As someone who buys phones off contract regularly both Android and iOS, I don't really see much a difference in accessory prices. I don't go off buying a whole bunch of crap for either of them though. Normally just a basic case and screen protector.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2